EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT - First Grade Dual Language (SHORT TERM)
JOB STATUS: OPEN
POSTING DATE: 12/02/2019
POSTING NUMBER: 00040727
LOCATION: 213:ALVARADO ES
POSITION TITLE: EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT - First Grade Dual Language (SHORT TERM)
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Works with individuals and small groups in the classroom to reinforce material introduced by the teacher.
- Serves as a model in developing students' language and behavior.
- Collects, prepares and arranges resource material for use by certified personnel.
- Operates support equipment and monitors testing or make-up work by students.
- Maintains classroom records, prepares reports as requested by the classroom teacher or principal, scores tests, processes books, manages supplies and classroom equipment as needed.
- Monitors student activities in classrooms, school grounds, hallways, lunchrooms, field trips, bus loading areas, etc.
- Provides support for non-instructional classroom duties such as monitoring snacks, restrooms, clothing areas, etc.
Responsibilities include working with individuals and small groups in the classroom to reinforce material introduced by the teacher; collecting, preparing and arranging resource material for use by certified personnel; and maintaining classroom records, preparing reports, scoring tests, processing books and managing supplies and classroom equipment as needed.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
Preferences include experience with educational equipment, effective communication skills, both verbal and written; flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills; and interpersonal skills with diverse populations.
All candidates must have a High School Diploma or equivalent, must be at least 18 years of age, and must meet the NCLB highly qualified requirements.
NCLB requirements are:
48 college credit hours OR Pass the Paraprofessional Test
Please contact IN ADDITION: Applicants must also mail or hand-deliver a resume and cover letter to the school of interest.
Contact: Caitlin (Mary) Robinson at / firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.APS.EDU, APS Jobs, Classified Application.
In addition to providing supporting documents to meet the position requirements, you must also submit an updated cover letter & resume.
SALARY: G1 SALARY SCHEDULE
START DATE: Jan. 6, 2020