SAIC is seeking a mid-level Hardware Engineer for the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) program. This position is to support the Space and Missile Systems Center Advanced Systems & Development Directorate (SMC/ AD) to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS program and its customers. The position is located in Albuquerque, NM.
Key responsibilities are:
- Conducts research, design, development, and testing of information processing hardware such as computer chips, circuit boards, computer systems, and electrical components.
- Designs new or modifies existing products, develops technical specifications for production, analyze hardware configuration and processing solutions, and test hardware conformance to specifications.
- Must possess an active Top Secret/SCI level clearance
- B.S. degree and a minimum of 5 years' experience in Hardware Engineering for Space or Missile Systems, Advanced Systems Development, or Ground Systems and Space Operations
- Understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field and general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management
- Contribute to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make recommendations
- Ability to provide high level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data