A career in Resourcing and Deployment, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to work in cross line of service staffing helping our network be even more agile in the ever evolving markets we work with, providing the right people on the right projects at the right time. You'll focus on ensuring that resources of suitable skills and calibre are available for tasks and activities as required as well as managing the education, planning, and skills enhancement associated with resources. As a team, we maximise resource sharing and enable the delivery of PwC to our clients through line of service and cross line of service staffing, forecasting, utilisation, and workload balance while considering development and diversity initiatives.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone. - Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty. - Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development. - Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations. - Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations. - Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations. - Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients. - Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties - Focus on building trusted relationships. - Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
Digital Acumen badge
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in human resources/recruiting policies and practices, preferably within a professional services environment, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Understanding of firm and business priorities to collaborate within the Deployment Consultant network, maximizing resource sharing and enabling the delivery of the firm to our clients through LoS and xLoS staffing;
- Implementing the firm's deployment strategy, leveraging tools and industry leading practices developed by the Deployment CoE, and other Centers of Excellence (CoE's) as applicable;
- Leveraging understanding of the practice to positively influence deployment decisions with the goal of balancing workload, optimizing utilization, promoting flexibility, and providing broad-based experiences and developmental opportunities while balancing firm and client needs;
- Making staffing decisions while considering individual development needs, career interests, and broad-based experiences;
- Understanding and implementing Diversity strategy through all staffing and deployment decisions;
- Leveraging the knowledge of immigration and global deployment to navigate partners and engagement teams through these protocols to enable the staffing process, including cost impact of assignment;
- Utilizing alternative talent pools including global workforces and third-party labor;
- Leveraging tools from Onboarding teams to support assimilation of new hires and interns to the team/practice, reviewing initial client assignments and chargeability, with a heightened focus on diverse staff; and,
- Leveraging TalentLink as the single source of deployment and forecasting information.
- Managing budget and executing workforce planning, forecasting, utilization, and workload balance for the assigned team; and,
- Promoting the understanding of firm economics and achieve retention, utilization, workload balance, diversity initiatives, and broad-base experience targets.
Collaborating with other stakeholder groups to achieve One Firm goals:
- Serving as a trusted advisor to partners/leaders focused on accelerating the development of our people;
- Collaborating with partners/leaders to identify issues and to develop and execute action plans across all areas of our people strategy including diversity, individual and team development, performance management, rewards and recognition, and workforce planning to address short and long term needs/skill gaps;
- Establishing and leveraging relationships with Talent Consultants to positively impact our people experience;
- Formulating succession plan development and implementation with Talent Consultant to determine support needed if appropriate in preparation for Career Roundtable (CRT) in balance with deployment responsibilities;
- Understanding Human Capital metrics, sourcing, employee relations, strategies, goals and critical achievement targets;
- Liaising with Global Mobility teams to prepare for deployment of new short or long-term assignees coming to the US, repatriations back to home territories and identification of resources to supplement talent pool;
- Collaborating with the HR Shared Services Deployment Enablement Team to identify staff for instructor roles and validating that individuals are well positioned for the opportunity;
- Being able to independently make decisions and solve problems affecting assigned team;
- Leveraging Talent/Deployment Senior Associates to deliver services to the team;
- Coaching and development of seniors, including providing timely written and verbal feedback; and,
- Maintaining knowledge of current and emerging human capital technology trends and experience innovating with new human capital technology tools.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.