Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly growing renewable energy industry? Do you thrive in the dynamic and ambitious environment where you can see the impact of your work in real time? Are you ambitious and results oriented? If so, CS Energy is looking for you. We are an established renewable energy development and EPC firm and we are looking for credible employees to help continue the growth and success we've achieved over the past decade in solar. CS Energy has been a leader in the solar industry since 2005, and we have developed over 1GW and engineered, procured, and constructed nearly a Gigawatt of solar-PV projects around the United States. We are rapidly growing our solar division to meet the increasing demands we are seeing for our services.
CS Energy is jointly owned by Ares EIF and Conti Group. Ares EIF is the power and energy infrastructure strategy within Ares' Private Equity Group, with a 31-year track record of investing in assets and companies in the power generation, transmission and midstream sectors. During the last 15 years, Ares EIF has invested in nearly 9,000 MW of greenfield generation and transmission projects, as well as 200 miles of greenfield pipeline projects, representing over $11 billion of capital costs. Ares Management, L.P. is a publicly traded, leading global alternative asset manager with approximately $106 billion of assets under management as of December 31, 2017 and more than 15 offices in the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia. The Conti Group is a 112-year old holding company which owns businesses, assets and invests in development, engineering, construction, infrastructure, real estate, renewable energy, logistics, software and healthcare.
SITE SAFETY SPECIALIST
The Site Safety Specialist ensures all managers and supervisors insist on the maximum safety performance and awareness of all employees under their direction by enthusiastically and consistently administering all safety and health policies and procedures established in the CS Energy Safety, Health and Environmental Program.
This position is responsible for the implementation of the project Safety and Health Plan and for the daily coordination of safety activities with the Project Management Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains Site Safety and Health Plans (SSHP) and ensures they are implemented.
- Ensures site compliance with specified safety and health requirements including federal, state and local laws, as well as OSHA regulations and all aspects of the SSHP.
- Ensures all safety and health operations and policies comply with the applicable government, program, contract and task order requirements.
- Ensures the Project Supervision enforces the safety procedures and policies and address non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors.
- Conducts site specific orientations based on the CS Energy site safety and health plans.
- Ensures proper personal protection equipment (PPE) is available and worn by project personnel.
- Attends Foremen's meetings and the planning huddles to ensure the project is pre-planning for safety.
- Leads the delivery of the weekly safety meetings.
- Performs daily onsite safety and health inspections. Recommends corrective action, if required, and follows up on deficiencies.
- Ensures the project medical surveillance programs are implemented as required (i.e., HAZWOPER physical, respiratory clearance).
- Generates and maintains all project documentation and ensures it remains available on-site. (i.e., Daily Reports/Field Notes, Safety Audits, Daily Safety Meetings (Take 5), Accident Investigation, Weekly Safety Meeting, and Safety Data Sheets (SDS))
- Provides the required Safety and Health submittals to the Project Management team.
- Interfaces with the company's insurance provider, OSHA and the client on all job inspections and safety- and health-related issues.
- Coordinates with the occupational physicians regarding employee injuries, work status and employee appointments. Documents the case in detail until the employee is fully released.
- Performs accident/injury investigations and recommends corrective actions.
- Delivers OSHA, DOT, and EPA required training
- Three or more years of relevant Safety and Health experience in the industrial, construction or environmental fields with progressively greater responsibility, with a focus on injury prevention, contractor safety programs, equipment operation safety, electrical safety and loss/damage control.
- Certified or pursuing certification as a Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) or Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST), or advanced degree preferred.
- Has developed and delivered OSHA, DOT and EPA required training.
- Has completed an OSHA 30 Hour Construction Industry Outreach Course.
- Working knowledge of Safety and Health Standards and regulations (OSHA, DOT, EPA, etc.) and how to apply them to specific tasks/activities.
- Trained in Accident Investigation, HAZWOPER, Excavation/ Trenching, Fall Protection, Hazard Communication, Scaffold Safety, Fire Protection and Electrical Safety.
- OSHA 500, preferred.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal capabilities.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office products.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
CS Energy has great benefits. We provide medical, dental and vision. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and many other optional programs are offered as well.
CS Energy is an equal opportunity employer.