Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly growing renewable energy industry? Do you thrive in the dynamic and ambitious environment where you can see the impact of your work in real time? Are you ambitious and results oriented? If so, CS Energy is looking for you. CS Energy is a leading integrated energy company that designs and builds optimized projects in the solar, storage, and emerging energy industries for our customers across the United States. CS Energy is jointly owned by Ares Infrastructure and Power and The Conti Group. We are an extremely bankable company with over $350 million of bonding capacity, a strong balance sheet, and established banking relationships required to fund our operations. CS Energy has over 140 employees and are currently executing projects in all regions of the United States.
Ares Infrastructure and Power strategy seeks to provide flexible capital for cash-generating assets across the climate infrastructure, natural gas generation, and energy transportation sectors. Ares Infrastructure and Power leverages a broadly skilled and cohesive team of more than 25 investment professionals with deep domain experience and has deployed $8 billion of capital in over 140 investments and more than 200 different infrastructure and power assets and companies. Ares Management Corporation is a leading global alternative investment manager operating three integrated businesses across Credit, Private Equity and Real Estate. Ares Management’s investment groups collaborate to deliver innovative investment solutions and consistent and attractive investment returns for fund investors throughout market cycles. Ares Management’s global platform had $144 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2019 and employs approximately 1,200 employees in over 20 offices across four continents. Please visit www.aresmgmt.com for additional information.
The Conti Group is a privately held group of companies spanning the construction, engineering, renewable energy, real estate, technology and biotech markets whose mission is to create positive impact and great value for customers, partners, employees, and society.
PROJECT MANAGER - NEW YORK
The Project Manager leads the project team and works in partnership with our Field Management to build a safe, high quality, profitable project, while beating the estimate budgets and improving the total Operating Profit margin over the original bid. The Project Managers role is key to fostering great client relations and developing our employees.
This position is responsible for safe work plans, client negotiations, risk management, cost estimation, contract management and execution strategy. In addition the PM is responsible for the business side of the project, managing the full P&L as well as business development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Passionately builds the team by attracting, interviewing, assessing, mentoring and retaining Top Performers.
- Leads and enforces the safety policies and procedures and addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors.
- Executes the project through the use of the Quality Management System.
- Utilizes daily huddles to promote communication, resolve issues and share ideas, so the projects are expeditiously and profitably constructed.
- Leads the development of the project schedule with the Superintendent and ensures the team is executing to the plan.
- Maximizes cash flow by aggressively adhering to the project invoicing schedule and ensures the team accurately documents and submits all receivables, quantity as-builts, change orders and claims.
- Works to beat the labor and other cost budgets.
- Produces complete subcontracts and ensures all subcontractors execute to the agreement and the company’s standards. Ensures the required documentation is received in a timely manner.
- Estimates, prices and negotiates owner initiated extra work, change of scope items, and contract deletions to maximize profits.
- Actively develops client relations to generate opportunities for new work.
- Actively participates in Marketing and Estimating department activities to develop capture plans, teaming strategies, technical approach and bid strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field with 5-7 years of experience or equivalent. Civil construction experience preferred.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead a diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrated success in the Project Management function of a construction firm.
- Demonstrated success managing subcontractors and developing and executing innovative project changes.
- Demonstrated success developing cost to completes, costing and pricing Change Orders, and maximizing profits.
- Background in project start-up meetings, subcontractor and vendor buyouts, owner estimates, sub / vendor requisitions and cost to completes.
- Entrepreneurial with a well-rounded business perspective.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, P3/P6 Primavera and Expedition software.
- Basic knowledge of HCSS, AGTEK, AIA software and PeopleSoft systems is a plus.
- Must be open to travel or relocation
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
CS Energy has great benefits. We provide medical, dental and vision. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and many other optional programs are offered as well.
CS Energy is an equal opportunity employer.