Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly growing renewable energy industry? Do you thrive in the dynamic and ambitious environment where you can see the impact of your work in real time? Are you ambitious and results oriented? If so, CS Energy is looking for you. We are an established renewable energy development and EPC firm and we are looking for credible employees to help continue the growth and success we've achieved over the past decade in solar. CS Energy has been a leader in the solar industry since 2005, and we have developed over 1GW and engineered, procured, and constructed nearly a Gigawatt of solar-PV projects around the United States. We are rapidly growing our solar division to meet the increasing demands we are seeing for our services.
CS Energy is jointly owned by Ares EIF and Conti Group. Ares EIF is the power and energy infrastructure strategy within Ares' Private Equity Group, with a 31-year track record of investing in assets and companies in the power generation, transmission and midstream sectors. During the last 15 years, Ares EIF has invested in nearly 9,000 MW of greenfield generation and transmission projects, as well as 200 miles of greenfield pipeline projects, representing over $11 billion of capital costs. Ares Management, L.P. is a publicly traded, leading global alternative asset manager with approximately $106 billion of assets under management as of December 31, 2017 and more than 15 offices in the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia. The Conti Group is a 112-year old holding company which owns businesses, assets and invests in development, engineering, construction, infrastructure, real estate, renewable energy, logistics, software and healthcare.
PROJECT MANAGER - NEW YORK
The Project Manager leads the project team and works in partnership with our Field Management to build a safe, high quality, profitable project, while beating the estimate budgets and improving the total Operating Profit margin over the original bid. The Project Managers role is key to fostering great client relations and developing our employees.
This position is responsible for safe work plans, client negotiations, risk management, cost estimation, contract management and execution strategy. In addition the PM is responsible for the business side of the project, managing the full P&L as well as business development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Passionately builds the team by attracting, interviewing, assessing, mentoring and retaining Top Performers.
- Leads and enforces the safety policies and procedures and addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors.
- Executes the project through the use of the Quality Management System.
- Utilizes daily huddles to promote communication, resolve issues and share ideas, so the projects are expeditiously and profitably constructed.
- Leads the development of the project schedule with the Superintendent and ensures the team is executing to the plan.
- Maximizes cash flow by aggressively adhering to the project invoicing schedule and ensures the team accurately documents and submits all receivables, quantity as-builts, change orders and claims.
- Works to beat the labor and other cost budgets.
- Produces complete subcontracts and ensures all subcontractors execute to the agreement and the company’s standards. Ensures the required documentation is received in a timely manner.
- Estimates, prices and negotiates owner initiated extra work, change of scope items, and contract deletions to maximize profits.
- Actively develops client relations to generate opportunities for new work.
- Actively participates in Marketing and Estimating department activities to develop capture plans, teaming strategies, technical approach and bid strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field with 5-7 years of experience or equivalent. Civil construction experience preferred.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead a diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrated success in the Project Management function of a construction firm.
- Demonstrated success managing subcontractors and developing and executing innovative project changes.
- Demonstrated success developing cost to completes, costing and pricing Change Orders, and maximizing profits.
- Background in project start-up meetings, subcontractor and vendor buyouts, owner estimates, sub / vendor requisitions and cost to completes.
- Entrepreneurial with a well-rounded business perspective.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, P3/P6 Primavera and Expedition software.
- Basic knowledge of HCSS, AGTEK, AIA software and PeopleSoft systems is a plus.
- Must be open to travel or relocation
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
CS Energy has great benefits. We provide medical, dental and vision. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and many other optional programs are offered as well.
CS Energy is an equal opportunity employer.