Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly growing renewable energy industry? Do you thrive in the dynamic and ambitious environment where you can see the impact of your work in real time? Are you ambitious and results oriented? If so, CS Energy is looking for you. We are an established renewable energy development and EPC firm and we are looking for credible employees to help continue the growth and success we've achieved over the past decade in solar. CS Energy has been a leader in the solar industry since 2005, and we have developed over 1GW and engineered, procured, and constructed nearly a Gigawatt of solar-PV projects around the United States. We are rapidly growing our solar division to meet the increasing demands we are seeing for our services.
CS Energy is jointly owned by Ares EIF and Conti Group. Ares EIF is the power and energy infrastructure strategy within Ares' Private Equity Group, with a 31-year track record of investing in assets and companies in the power generation, transmission and midstream sectors. During the last 15 years, Ares EIF has invested in nearly 9,000 MW of greenfield generation and transmission projects, as well as 200 miles of greenfield pipeline projects, representing over $11 billion of capital costs. Ares Management, L.P. is a publicly traded, leading global alternative asset manager with approximately $106 billion of assets under management as of December 31, 2017 and more than 15 offices in the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia. The Conti Group is a 112-year old holding company which owns businesses, assets and invests in development, engineering, construction, infrastructure, real estate, renewable energy, logistics, software and healthcare.
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER - NEW YORK
The Assistant Project Manager works with the Project Team and our Field Management to construct a safe and quality project, while beating the estimate budgets, improving the total Operating Profit margin over the original bid, and building a strong customer relationship.
This position is responsible for subcontractor management, submittals, buyout, great client relations and cost estimation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with safety procedures/policies and addresses and/or elevates non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Supports the Quality personnel and the project through the use of the Quality Management System.
- Develops various construction means and methods with the Superintendent and/or Project Manager to optimize safety, cost, equipment utilization, schedule efficiency, and communication with the client.
- Manages/reviews all foremen's reports daily to ensure all information is properly recorded before any income, cost, or inventory entry.
- Monitors material yields and modifies operations to minimize waste.
- Assists the buyout process, writes the requisition, and communicates all required information to the Project Team.
- Takes a site walk each day to monitor the project's progress and to remain fully aware of any developing issues.
- Assists the preparation of the 12 month cash flow schedule
- Reviews and understands the extra work billing format. Updates all budgets to incorporate owner change orders.
- Oversees subcontractors and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement. Attends the subcontractor coordination meetings to provide updates to schedules, drawings, and specifications.
- Produces and manages project submittals, shop drawings, and material certifications (submittal log or Expedition) so all are submitted and approved prior to the start of work.
- Actively participates in the development of the Four Week Look Ahead schedules with the Superintendents using basic logic to incorporate resources, submittals, approvals, lead times, restraints, and milestones.
- Participates in relevant daily huddles to ensure the projects are expeditiously and profitably constructed Establishes excellent working and professional relationships with the clients and their representatives and/or field inspectors.
- Participates in recruiting and interviewing candidates.
- Participates in Business Development activities to promote the company's brand and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field with 3 or more years of experience or equivalent.
- Successfully led and managed projects or operations valued at $5 million or a series of projects or operations simultaneously with an aggregate value greater than $5 million.
- Background in project start-up meetings, sub-contractor and vendor by-outs, owner estimates, sub / vendor requisitions and cost-to-completes.
- Must have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Proactive and pragmatic thinker, is deliberate and decisive in making decisions.
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced challenging environment.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, P3 Primavera, HCSS, JD Edwards and Expedition software.
- Working knowledge of estimating, engineering, cost tracking systems and site surveying
- Working knowledge of Change Order Index
- Must be open to travel or relocation
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
CS Energy has great benefits. We provide medical, dental and vision. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and many other optional programs are offered as well.
CS Energy is an equal opportunity employer.