- Access Representative
- Primary Care - East
- Full Time Status
- Day Shift
- This position performs tasks, which are directed towards the collection of patient information and its custodianship. Works as a receptionist for the provider's office to support patient care delivery and follow up.
- This position works under the supervision of the Clinic Manager and Access Representative - Lead and is employed by Mosaic Health System.
- Schedules, reschedules, and cancels patient appointments with Physician and Nurse Practitioner, receptionist and customer service representative. Performs check in and check out functions in clinic.
- Enters patient data into computer systems accurately and completely. This includes patient registration, medical record assignment, and visit creation.
- Communicates with patients regarding appointments, completion of insurance forms, medical releases and other documentation.
- Prepares release of information and consent forms for patient signature according to applicable statutes, sends requests to other health care provider(s) and coordinates the receipt of this additional information for the physician(s) and other health care providers.
- Answers the phones, makes necessary calls and acts as a receptionist for patients, visitors, providers and hospital staff.
- Receives and relays information to providers, nursing personnel, patients, family members and visitors by acting as a communication liaison.
- Contacts other departments for orders received if STAT or NOW. Assist in scheduling with Ancillary Departments when necessary.
- Assures confidentiality of information regarding patients, hospital personnel and medical staff.
- Attends departmental meetings/in-services.
- Requests payment, balances receipts for deposit, prepares deposit, reconciles daily charge tickets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or HiSET equivalent. Higher levels of education preferred.
- Computer data entry, customer service, collections and medical record responsibility experience preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.