- The Staffing Clerk works under general supervision to perform a wide range of clerical support, and administrative duties of a responsible and confidential nature that supports the Manager / Director and all other departmental leadership.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and punctuality guidelines
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of age- specific customer service skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- 2 year / Associate Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university (Preferred)
- 2 - 3 years Secretarial / Administrative Experience (Required)
- 1 - 2 years Experience in business or healthcare environment (Preferred)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- No Certifications are Required or Preferred
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relations
- Grammar / Spelling
- Read / Comprehend Written Instructions
- Follow Verbal Instructions
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- General Clerical Skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Have near normal hearing - Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision - Clarity of vision (both near and far), ability to distinguish colors
- Have good - manual dexterity
- Ability to perform - repetitive tasks/motion
- Standing - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Walking - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Sitting - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
- Climbing - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Bending/Stooping - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Twist at waist - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Lift/carry up to 20 lbs - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Lift/carry > 20 lbs with assistance - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Reaching above shoulder - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)