WHO YOU ARE
As a Production Engineer on the Manufacturing Team, you will be the team’s day-to-day technical support for addressing safety, quality, and productivity issues and will support the manufacturing team by leading process improvements. You will be instrumental in ensuring the manufacturing team can safely and consistently produce quality material from process step to process step. You will also be responsible for leading long-term projects that implement key manufacturing systems and increase overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) with the goals of scaling up manufacturing capabilities, maximizing production, and maintaining a safe working environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Troubleshoot and provide day-to-day technical support for manufacturing tools and processes. Get excited about firefighting, analyzing, and addressing each day's operational challenges with enthusiasm and rigor.
- Implement relevant lean manufacturing principles to optimize workflow and de-bottleneck production processes.
- Lead the development and improvement of standard operating procedures.
- Support the manufacturing operations team in identifying and executing continuous improvement projects by serving as the primary technical resource.
- Review non-conformances and work with manufacturing and external teams to execute root cause analyses and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Effectively collaborate with across multiple teams to lead the implementation and management of key manufacturing systems that enable the scale up of manufacturing capabilities and drive productivity, quality and safety.
- Act as a servant leader for all manufacturing operations team members through focused listening, consistent information sharing, coaching and development/delivery of training.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related manufacturing experience in the semiconductor, PV, chemical, pharmaceutical, battery industry or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a focus in industrial, chemical, mechanical engineering or similar field.
- Demonstrated technical understanding and ability to troubleshoot complex production equipment.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Strong data analytics skills including experience using statistical software packages and querying relational databases.
- Experience using or implementing key manufacturing systems/tools such as: Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Management of Change, Inventory Management/Tracking Systems, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Quality Management Systems (QMS), Process Hazard Analysis, and Document Control Systems
- Demonstrated leadership, ability to inspire others and work autonomously.
- Excellent listening and verbal/written communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Pass a respirator fit test and be able to wear respiratory protection
- Wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and hard toe safety shoes.
- Occasionally move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds within or between buildings.