We are currently looking for a dynamic individual as a Technology & Innovation Director for the Polyurethanes at our corporate office in The Woodlands, Texas.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Technology & Innovation, with a strong dotted line to the Vice President of the Americas region, the incumbent provides leadership to our three PU technical platform teams. Responsibilities include, developing and executing R&D applications based on business strategy requirements, defining the R&D direction and objectives, allocating resources, and managing key innovation initiatives.
The Technology & Innovation Director contributes to prepare and develop the vision, the values and the strategy of the Americas region. S(he) is a member of the Global Technology & Innovation Leadership Team and the Polyurethanes Americas Leadership Team.
What will be expected from you?
- Grow and protect the current PU business segments where enhanced products or new technologies are required by the commercial teams.
- In collaboration with Strategic Marketing, create and commercialize new PU products and applications outside the current business boundaries - accomplished by scouting for emerging technologies and market requirements, monitoring regulatory trends and assessing competitive materials to identify needs that can be addressed with PU materials.
- Preferably, demonstrates expertise in all PU technologies (rigid foams, flexible foams, microcellular and non-cellular elastomers, thermoplastic PU) and subgroups within these major headings.
- Scout for emerging opportunities (in new industries and markets) where PU is not used today adds a dimension of complexity on top of the required PU expertise.
- Practical business acumen is needed to coordinate and integrate technical, commercial and strategic marketing team inputs to assess the ultimate feasibility of the potential applications or products before significant development resources are committed.
- Serve as a functional expert across the broad technical community, developing the high level regional technical strategy, and then coaching on the design and implementation of technical work plans.
- Manage the technical strategy, balancing the competing priorities of short-term delivery with long term growth and then making resource allocation decisions to put the plan into action, supporting the current business needs while establishing the foundations for future growth.
- Work with a fair degree of independence, receiving limited input from the Vice President of Global Technology & Innovation and VP Americas, guided by business metrics, broadly defined principles and specific objectives.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Minimum of master's degree in Polymers Science, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering is required; PhD, or equivalent, is highly desired.
- At least 15 years of progressively increasing responsibility in the technical function.
- A demonstrated capability in project and portfolio management, with several new product commercializations of significant impact.
- Requires demonstrated interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills, with a strong understanding of marketing and financial concepts.
Sales Revenue from new products less than 5 years old: 100 million USD
Contribution Margin from new products less than 5 years old: 30 million USD
Direct Fixed Costs Budget: 7 million USD
Direct Reports: 3 direct reports; indirect 32 professionals and technicians
What can we offer you?
Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and specialty chemicals with 2019 revenues of approximately $7 billion. Our chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. We operate more than 70 manufacturing, R&D and operations facilities in approximately 30 countries and employ approximately 9,000 associates within our four distinct business divisions. For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company's website at www.huntsman.com.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in “@huntsman.com“ and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam.