Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The Principal Geotechnical Engineer will provide support on various geotechnical and engineering design projects in the Permian Basin of Texas and New Mexico; they can be based in any of our Texas locations.
Primary responsibilities include implementation and development of the existing geotechnical engineering program for our oil and gas clients. This includes but is not limited to development and maintenance of an existing engineering program, oversight and mentorship of multiple staff engineers, oversight and coordination with the construction quality assurance programs and technicians.
- Primary responsibilities include management, implementation and development of the existing geotechnical engineering program for our oil and gas clients;
- Maintain positive business relationship with existing clients and develop business relationships with new clients;
- Supervise all geotechnical engineering design and fieldwork;
- Conduct and supervise field work and reporting for geotechnical engineering design including field testing and sample/data collection;
- Lead geotechnical teams in performing work;
- Geotechnical recommendations and engineering design of structural foundations, retaining walls, embankments; berms; and site development;
- Review and analysis of geotechnical analytical laboratory data;
- Oversight of geotechnical laboratory operations;
- Oversight of geotechnical related construction monitoring and testing;
- Employee mentoring and training of less experienced engineers and field technicians;
- Develop work plans, reports and proposals for various types of geotechnical and structural foundation investigations and assessments;
- Technical report preparation and review;
- Research of Regulatory Compliance Initiatives and requirements for compliance and engineering projects;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a minimum of 10 years of related experience be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- B.S. in Civil Geotechnical or Geological Engineering with a geotechnical emphasis from a four-year ABET accredited engineering program required. M.S. in Civil Geotechnical or Geological Engineering is preferred.
- Qualified candidates must have passed Principles and Practices of Engineering Exam and be licensed in the State of Texas (New Mexico is a plus) or able to be licensed within six months of employment.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry is plus. Knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations (TX/NM) is a plus.
- Candidate must be highly motivated; customers focused and work well in a team environment.
- Candidate must also have the ability to manage and lead project tasks with a heavy workload.
- Must possess client interaction and organizational skills as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience in environmental consulting including permit development and regulatory compliance or related experience is a plus.
- Experience with design and modeling software (i.e. Geo-Slope, Seep/Slope modeling or similar).
- Candidate must be able and available for travel via land and/or air and possess a valid drivers' license in good standing.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 212 OGA