Overview of the Sales Representative
This position promotes growth through new business development to a large retail client by offering Company product home and office delivery service.
- Make sales presentations to prospective client customers at pre-identified retail or public locations and commercial accounts to achieve equipment and revenue growth targets
- Identify and resolve customer needs.
- Match client needs to company products and services.
- Identify and overcome customer objections.
- Ensure pricing and plan is within established Company guidelines.
- Serve as a Company representative to ensure that the organization is represented in a professional manner.
- Set up equipment and deliver initial order at customer locations, as needed.
- Communicate with client and or client management as needed.
- Abide by all Company and retailer requirements (i.e.-uniform, conduct, etc.).
- Ensure in store/event booth set up and take down is completed according to Company and client requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to sell Company products to new customers.
- Ability to negotiate successfully with potential residential and commercial customers.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Physically able to lift equipment and bottles weighing 43 pounds, as needed. Ability to set up and take down in store booth each workday.
- Able to stand for long periods of time as performing job duties.
- Work week is Wednesday - Sunday; weekends required and occasion overnight travel is required.
- Able to meet Company Driver Qualification Policy requirements
- Ability to pass Company pre-employment background check and drug screening.
- Ability to input data on handheld device and account for results on spreadsheets.
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.