Principal HRIS Business Analyst (Akron, OH, US)
Location: Akron, OH (hybrid option)
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Goodyear. More Driven.
The Human Resource Information System Business Analyst Principal will act as a liaison between Global Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and Human Resource (HR) business clients. This position will consult regularly with HR Vice Presidents/Directors to collect, analyze, review, document and communicate strategic/operational business needs and requirements. The incumbent will assess the needs of a client through direct interaction and seek opportunities to develop/grow the business through effective use of technology. Based on deep understanding of HR business needs/processes, he/she will collaborate with other HRIS team members to determine if solutions currently exist (internally/externally) or whether new solutions are needed. This role will determine how such solutions will impact existing processes/systems and how to manage the integration. The associate will research/participate in “buy versus build” decisions.
In addition, the Human Resource Information System Business Analyst Principal will support a customer base consisting of the entire population of a specific strategic business unit (SBU) and/or region. This position will serve as back-up for other SBU/region support (as needed). The incumbent's primary focus is to consult with the client-facing HR organizations to ensure changes required in our HR systems, processes or data are accurately defined as requirements, while leading the HRIS organization to successfully deliver globally aligned solutions to documented completion. He/She will have responsibility for analytical insights, the creation of business requirement documentation, change request development, solution design, testing validation with cross-functional collaboration, etc.
- Work with HR Business Partners (HRBPs) to align HR technology solutions across one or more interacting business units. Demonstrate informed knowledge of a business area and growing knowledge of a second business area (including extensive HR system comprehension). Able to identify/communicate how HRIS technology solutions can support within the business areas. Support numerous highly complex business processes, requiring design or integration of technical solutions that may cross multiple functions of the business. Serve as a project team member or region lead.
- Responsible for leading the elicitation, collection, analysis, documentation and coordination of a client’s HR business requirements. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following: Participating in short/long-term planning sessions with clients to improve business processes, documenting discussion and agreements and demonstrating advanced usage techniques in business process mapping skills. Responsible for user acceptance testing (UAT) and test script design. Primary point-of-contact for monitoring and distribution of customer requests and change management.
- Establish liaison relationship with HRBPs to provide HR technical solutions. Analyze business workflows to address business needs. Manage client’s priorities of projects/requests. Assess client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting and managing changes) to prioritize immediate business needs and recommend options, risks/cost versus benefits. Deliver training, reporting/analytical support and consultation to Senior HR Leadership and HR customers.
- Conduct feasibility studies and draft proposals for evaluation by appropriate users and managers. Develop/Assist in the preparation of business cases.
- Develop, write and communicate HR business requirements for the technical design and implementation of HR business solutions. Procure technical assistance to help in problem resolution. Review test plans and monitor the testing process to ensure that business results are adequately tested with minimal risk. Support users to request proper system access, approvals and access validation.
- Investigate, resolve and escalate issues. Monitor/Analyze metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide explanation of various global HRIS roles, processes and activities to the business units. Support/Participate in the formal reporting of project status. Manage customers’ expectations. Deliver alerts/communications to inform and educate the supported HR clients and Senior HR Leadership teams. Continually support the protection of personally identifiable information (PII) and data privacy initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Technology
- 7 or more years of experience in technical and business work
- 3 or more years of experience working in Human Resources
- 3 or more years of experience with core Human Capital Management systems (i.e., Workday, SAP, Employee Central)
- General understanding of standard Information Technology processes/procedures
- Experience establishing/maintaining networks and alliances – Sharing information and readily determining who to go to for relevant information, seeking assistance/feedback in the problem-solving process, partnering with others to achieve expectations, and identifying the client’s operational requirements and relevant technological needs
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Technology
- Project/Change management and Six Sigma experience
- Leadership skills
- Experience/in-depth knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes
- Ability to conduct discussions to all levels of colleagues/peer groups in ways that support troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Seek/Shares relevant information, opinions and judgments
- Ability to handle conflict empathetically
- Able to explain the context of inter-related situations, ask probing questions and solicit multiple sources of advice prior to acting
- Must be able to think through problems across multiple systems/mappings
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.