If Excellence Drives You, This Is Your Description
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for both planned maintenance and emergency repairs
in the entire manufacturing facility. The nature of the job requires employees to be multi-skilled
professionals as any of the tasks might require certain mechanical and/or electrical consideration.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
High School Diploma or Equivalent with Military/Trade/Technical/Vocational training
encompassing the following: Electrical Fundamentals, Motors & Controls, Measurement Devices,
PLC Hardware, Mechanical Fundamentals, Power Transmission, Pneumatic Components and
- Follow all EHS guidelines as they relate to routine and non-routine work (eg. LOTO, safe
- Maintain an organized, clean, & high performance work station.
- Accurately complete required paperwork such as logging time, parts and problems and
predictive maintenance worksheets.
- Perform repairs, preventative and predictive maintenance of equipment and facilities
demonstrating both mechanical and electrical knowledge as it relates to hydraulic,
pneumatic schematics, control systems, general electric equipment, power distribution,
power supply, drives, ac/dc motors, computer & PLC hardware.
- Perform Non-critical plumbing, cutting, brazing & welding
- Restocking of machine/equipment/facility parts, accessories and hardware
- Collection of universal waste (fluorescent light bulbs, batteries)
- Prepare used oil for disposal and transportation to Hazardous Waste area.
- Continually strive to learn and gain experience and knowledge required to troubleshoot
and correct problems affecting safety, waste, quality and throughput.
- Provide support and assistance to Senior Maintenance Technicians as may be required.
- Working at heights to perform building maintenance as required.
- Lead/Participate in WCOM Continuous Improvement Teams as required.
- Must actively support and participate in maintenance activities as it relates to scheduled
manufacturing and organized maintenance days.
Health and Safety Risks
- Confined space entry;
- Working at heights (climbing ladders)
- Working in and around energized electrical equipment
- Eye, skin and inhalation exposure to nuisance dusts; chemicals, solvents, noise, moving
machine components, hot and cold temperatures.
- Hazardous waste activities include adding universal waste to accumulation containers,
transporting universal waste to or from accumulations points, and daily inspection of
universal waste accumulation area.
- Per Integrated Management System.
Bemis is committed to its core values: Ethics, Accountability, Innovation, and Respect. By becoming an employee at Bemis Company, Inc., you will work in a high performing environment where team members collaborate to get the job done, challenge the status quo to find a better way, and embrace unconventional ways of thinking. We are eager to see how you can make an impact in our high performance culture.
Bemis Company, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.