Posting Opens December 3, 2019 Posting Closes December 13, 2019
The Akron Board of Education announces a vacancy for a Maintenance Helper - HVAC-Energy Management in the Facilities Services Department, Job Code 325, TS 522 (260 Days), Starting Salary TBD, and Collective Bargaining Unit – MOT. This is a School Employees Retirement System position.
Please upload a letter of interest, resume and a current copy of appropriate license in addition to completing the online application. The Superintendent reserves the right to either keep the position open until suitable applicants are found or to cancel and repost the position with such changes as may be deemed appropriate. For further information, please contact Robert Boxler, Director, Facilities Services Department, 330-761-2977 or Human Resources, 330-761-2946.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED;
- Possess a valid State of Ohio Driver's License with less than 6 points;
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in building maintenance and/or repair;
- Must be skilled in computer use and basic software.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in HVAC Repair
- Skill in the use of the tools, machinery, and equipment of the trade (HVAC Repair);
- Knowledge of the standard practices and safety precautions.
- Knowledge and understanding of building automation systems.
- Performs a variety of tasks and may assist skilled tradesmen in one of several areas (i.e. HVAC Repair);
- Ensures the safety of students;
- Has the ability to learn the proper use and care of HVAC maintenance tools and equipment;
- Has the ability to learn, interpret, and work from sketches and penciled layouts;
- Maintains accurate and complete records, as required;
- Maintains respect, at all times, for confidential information;
- Assists with ordering needed supplies and materials;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities;
- Has the ability to learn the operation and maintenance of equipment;
- Has the ability to read and understand written instructions, warnings, and labels;
- Has the ability to listen and understand verbal instructions;
- Is familiar with the various types of equipment, materials, tools, occupational hazards and safety precautions of the HVAC Repair trade;
- Responsible for the inspections, care, condition, appearance, repairs and/or replacements of physical equipment, buildings and facilities;
- Assists in the development and operation of daily maintenance records and reports;
- Performs skilled work in the installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and/or buildings;
- Performs any other duties as designated by his/her superiors;
- Reports to the Foreman in the department which he/she is assigned.
IF YOU REQUIRE ANY SPECIAL SERVICES (SUCH AS INTERPRETER, BRAILLE OR LARGE PRINT, OR WHEEL-CHAIR ACCESSIBLE ACCOMMODATIONS) COVERED UNDER THE AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990, PUBLIC LAW 101-336, SECTION 102, PLEASE CALL THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES AT 330-761-2945. IF YOU ARE USING A TTY/TTD, PLEASE CALL THE OHIO ELAY SERVICE AT 1-800-750-0750.
AKRON PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER