Job Category: Licensed Practical Nurse
Line of Business: All Ways Caring Services
Branding: All Ways Caring HomeCare
About this Career Opportunity:
Join a team of passionate and caring people who make a difference in people's lives. ResCare is a one of a kind company who not only offers the chance to change people's lives but also offers educational, vocational and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to provide care to those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Provide 1:1 care for client following client's plan of care at all times while maintaining client's dignity and independence.
- Monitoring clients vital statistics and reporting abnormal findings to the case manager and physician assessments
- Administration of medications, feedings, oxygen, ostomy care as needed per client's plan of care and provided assessments of results.
- Complete routines as established by other care professionals such as PT, OT, Speech Therapists
- Insure infection control policies are maintained at all times, reports possible communicable diseases or infections and insures the overall implementation and practice of infection control procedures are implemented
- Accurately documenting nursing actions of all care given and communication with family, case manager, and physicians as well as documenting the progress and outcomes for established goals and informs physician, case manager, and families of changes in client's medical condition and needs
- Ordering supplies, medications, and feedings as needed to insure adequate amounts are on hand at all times
- Ensures all patient needs are being met in accordance with the instructions of the physician.
- Monitors incidents involving individuals. Ensures incident reports are completed timely, accurately, and case managers are informed; examines the individual following the incident
- Ensuring all medical equipment is maintained and report faulty equipment to DME for repair
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proof of current license as an LPN or LVN in good standing from the state(s) of practice
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to work in a home-like setting.
- Be able to bend stoop, push, pull, sit, and walk for periods of time
- Able to utilize proper body mechanics while lifting 50 pounds
- Knowledge of individual service plans, including understanding of client rights and health needs
- Must have completed post secondary coursework to facilitate licensure as an LPN or LVN
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
All Ways Caring also offers a PayOUT program that allows employees to set their own pay day. Click here to learn more about this program.
About Our Company
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! BrightSpring / ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a LPN/LPT/LVN.
About this Line of Business
ResCare HomeCare is becoming All Ways Caring. Our new name reinforces that our flexible, innovative services are designed to fit each client's needs and preferences. We are always there when clients need us – ready to provide care in all ways.
While our name is changing, we are still providing expert care in the comfort of home. From a team our clients trust.
As one of the industry's largest providers, All Ways Caring / ResCare HomeCare offers care for more than 20,000 individuals across the country. We deliver quality, compassionate and highly individualized in-home care and support that helps seniors stay at home – all while maximizing their dignity, privacy and independence. Whether our clients are recovering from illness, injury or surgery, living with a chronic disability or dealing with the natural process of aging, our services are tailored to meet the individual needs of people of all ages, physical conditions and cognitive abilities.
All Ways Caring / ResCare HomeCare include personal care and homemaking programs, professional nursing, geriatric care management, Alzheimer's/dementia care, respite care and other programs, as well as differentiated offerings in home monitoring with Rest Assured® Telecare that help reduce hospital visits and keep people in their homes longer.
Res-Care, Inc., dba BrightSpring Health Services (“ResCare“), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
261 ARBOR TERRACE, AIKEN, SC 29801-3987 USA