Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The Systems Architect is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support for enterprise Microsoft, VMware, and IBM storage environment. The Systems Architect is expected to have a strong foundation of Windows Server, VMware, and Active Directory skills, along with basic to intermediate technical leadership skills that enable him or her to serve as the lead technical resource on complex systems projects. The Systems Architect must have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- 4-8 years of experience with SAN storage with the ability to assign storage to Windows and Linux systems.
- Experience working with VMware vSphere.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of the following areas: VMware ESXi Enterprise Plus and VMware View, SAN technologies, Linux, Windows Server Domain Environment (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, etc.) and backup strategies and technologies.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain VMware infrastructure.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve Windows OS, and Linux OS issues on VMware and Windows Server platforms.
- Ability to configure Disaster Recovery solutions such as VMware SRM VMware knowledge.
- Experience performing P2V, V2V and V2P migrations in mission critical environments.
- Ability to document and cross train colleagues in support areas.
- Familiarity with Microsoft products such as SQL, IIS, SharePoint and Exchange.
- Knowledge of Healthcare Information Technology.
- Experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently or in teams and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Responds to after hour pages and participates in rotational on-call schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Licensure, Certification
- Bachelor (4-year) degree with a technical major such as engineering or computer science or demonstrated work experience.
- VMware, Microsoft, or Cisco certifications would be a plus.
- Valid and clear driver license abstract.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals up to 30lbs.
Work involves intermittent to occasional exposure to unpleasant working conditions or undesirable elements; may involve some contact with potentially hazardous or harmful elements in providing administrative or support services.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
40+ hours per week
Primary Days, Secondary Nights
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.