Senior Accountant – Agoura Hills, CA
Caldera Medical's Mission - To Improve the Quality of Life for Women!
Message from the Hiring Manager (Catchall Phrase):
Caldera Medical is a growth stage medical device company dedicated to improving the quality of life for women. As one of the key contributors within the Finance and Accounting department, the Senior Accountant is responsible for handling many of the day-to-day and month-end tasks, including journal entries, account reconciliations, key schedules, data entry, ad-hoc research and analysis, and management of the accounting systems and software. The Senior Accountant has exposure to and interacts with every department, at all levels within the company. The Senior Accountant also acts as a mentor to the Bookkeeper and Accounting Intern, providing guidance and support over the day-to-day tasks within the accounting function.
- Prepare and post, accurate and timely journal entries, maintaining supporting documentation
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely account reconciliations and key schedules
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements and reports
- Assist the Sr. Accounting Manager in the preparation of P&L flux and actual-vs-budget analyses
- Prepare accurate year-end audit schedules and deliverables
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation
- Support the Sr. Accounting Manager and Director of Finance with special projects, ad-hoc research, and analysis
- Play a critical role in the implementation and management of new accounting software
- Support and serve as a backup for critical day-to-day accounting functions, including AR, AP, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills and
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- 4+ years of Corporate and GL accounting experience
- Cost/Manufacturing accounting experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, accounting concepts, and financial statements
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience and proficient with ERP systems (MS NAV Dynamics preferred)
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong work-ethic, initiative, and drive for improvement and success
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to seek out, identify, and make process improvements
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and flexible work attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization
Who is Caldera Medical?
Caldera Medical is a growth stage medical device company dedicated to improving the quality of life for women. We develop and market differentiated surgical implants specifically for the treatment of Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse. Our products are used by Urogynecologists, Gynecologists, and Urologists worldwide.
“Caldera is a small team of amazing, hardworking, and dedicated people, who support one another on a daily basis.“
- Angela Attardo, Director of Talent Acquisition
Our Culture- Where Career and Passion come together!
- A Culture of family and team… not a corporate goliath where you're just another number
- All employees get a seat at the table and have influence with management
- We care about giving back to the community. Our team donates time to helping local charities throughout Southern California.
- The Women's Health Initiative is the heart of what we do, every day we put underprivileged women first.
- Our goal is to treat 1 million women suffering from incontinence by 2025!
Competitive Compensation, Comprehensive Benefits, and more!
- Medical and Dental Benefits – 75% paid for employee and family members
- Vision Coverage
- 401(k) with 4% matching contributions after 90 days of employment
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 6 Weeks Paid Maternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays- including your birthday!
- Being surrounded by amazing people!
Hear it from our very own! Learn more about Caldera on Glassdoor
Caldera Medical is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.