Title: Service Desk Technician (Tier 1.0)
Location: Norfolk, VA
Clearance Requirement: Eligibility for a Secret Clearance– Interim Secret clearance required to start (US Citizenship required)
Who Are We?
1901 Group prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT As-A Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
What You’ll Spend Most of Your Time Doing
- After an initial acclimation period, you will be responsible for greeting our customers via phone calls, ascertain the nature of the call, resolve Level 1 issues where possible, open tickets via a ticketing system, and escalate to the appropriate work groups, when necessary.
- You will determine the functional area of the problem being reported, e.g. hardware, software, telecommunications, and provide detailed analysis of the problem.
- You might be asked to deploy mobile devices to end users, assist with basic enterprise-level mobile device management configuration and troubleshooting.
- Determine if equipment is warranted and arrange appropriate resolution under warranty.
- You will update assigned tickets and continuously coordinate necessary work.
- It will be very important to document status updates and communicate to necessary parties, including providing follow-up to the user on the status of the problem until resolution, and verify problem resolution prior to closure of the ticket.
- You will troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades.
- You will be expected to escalate the problem to next level support if the issue cannot be resolved at Level 1.
As a Service Desk Technician, you will:
- Provide excellent phone support and oral and written communication skills.
- Be expected to work to incident response and resolution targets in an Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) environment with Service Level Agreement (SLAs)
- Apply logical thinking and problem-solving skills to common end-user desktop challenges, such as software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Typically requires 1-3 years general experience, or equivalent combination of experience and college level education.
Must be able to obtain one of the following certifications within three months of hire:
- Security+ CE
- Network+ CE
- A+ CE
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior skills in both written and verbal communication
- Experience in customer facing role either remote or face-to-face
- Computer proficiency with applicable software applications (for example Microsoft Office, CAD, Adobe Suite, programming
- Problem solving skills
- Accuracy in data entry
- Excellent fluency in language to be supported.
- Experience in a phone based remote role, e-support, e-chat or similar
- Familiarity with computer technology
- Knowledgeable in call routing and case management processes as well as case logging systems and obligation systems
- Understands internal processes and tools
- Knowledge of Knowledge Management Systems and appropriate documentation to the system
Minimum Essential Functions:
- Ability to be in the call center, respond to ticket and email requests and incidents, during the assigned shift
- Reporting to a service desk manager
Why 1901 Group is a Great Place to Work
The health and happiness of our employees and their families is our top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to help you and your loved ones feel secure. We strive to create the best experience for you, so you can continue doing the things you love. The following represents an overview of our offerings:
Health & Wellness
- 1901 Group offers above-industry standard, high-quality medical, pharmacy, dental and vision plans. A single carrier supports our offerings of two medical, two dental and a single, comprehensive vision plan.
- Two Telehealth/Telemedicine services as part of the medical plan, allowing you to get the care you need – including most prescriptions – for a wide range of minor conditions.
Flexible Payment Options via Pretax Deductions
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
- Generous leave options to include: vacation, sick leave, all major and federal holidays, jury duty, bereavement, military leave, maternity, and paternity leave.
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) Savings Programs with company match
Coverage for the Unexpected or “Just in Case” Moments
- Two Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Company-paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Children
Our Focus on Professional & Team Growth:
At 1901 Group we empower our employees with exponential career development and growth opportunities by utilizing a more modern form of employee assessment – quarterly reviews. We put our employees in the driver’s seat of their evaluation process – and their development. Learning and development is offered through a variety of platforms, designed to satisfy different learners at different stages within their careers.
Employee-Driven Performance Management & Learning
We support a philosophy and approach where “Everyone Learns”. Whether it be via online training or domain specific classroom & instructor lead training – we anticipate our employees will constantly seek out new ways to improve themselves – personally and professionally.
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.