Food City is a privately held, family-owned company with a driving mission to “run the best store in town.“ Dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve, we encourage our associates to get involved with their local civic organizations.
We consider our associates to be our greatest asset. Over 13% of the company is currently owned by our associates through our employee stock ownership plan, promoting tremendous pride in the services and products we provide.
Whether your passion is baking, accounting, or trucking, Food City has a promising career opportunity for you. We offer flexible schedules to ensure our associates have ample time to spend with family and friends. Many of our part-time associates are students still pursuing their education, who ultimately go on to work full-time for our company in various roles after graduation.
If you're looking for a great career or the opportunity to try something different, consider becoming part of the Food City family.
Work associated with this position involves the selection, stacking, assembling and loading of orders for shipment to the stores.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Selects/obtains appropriate equipment.
- Obtains assignments utilizing automated voice recognition computer system.
- Stacks products, as they are selected, on pallets, according to specifications to ensure maximum cube utilization with minimum damage.
- Secures pallets with plastic wrap for shipment to stores.
- Ensures that deli items are not mixed with other products.
- Maintains engineered labor standard of at least 90% for each day 100% for each week.
- Completes necessary paperwork, as required.
- Positions pallets properly on trailers
- Work performed on floors made of concrete.
- Warehouse conditions associated with this position are considered to be typical as related to noise, light, dust and physical demands.
- Refrigerated warehouse [temperature ranging from 40 degrees to –10 degrees F.
- Very cold and damp.
- Slick floors, due to cold temperature and type of commodities being worked with.
- Ability to do repetitive lifting, bending, stooping as required to stack products on to pallets.
- Ability to do repetitive mounting/dismounting of electric-powered pallet jack equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. from floor to chest-high level.
- Ability to walk on concrete floor for up to ten (10) hours a day.
- Ability to work in cold, damp environment, as low as –10 degrees F.