Registered Nurse (RN)
At New Horizons the Registered Nurse is responsibility for Keeping Kids First by providing oversight and guidance to the Audrey Grace House, our Residential Treatment Center to assure medical well-being. All New Horizons Staff are expected to study, practice and operate within the New Horizons Philosophy of Keeping Kids First.
Keeping Kids First requires that every decision and action be motivated by and geared toward meeting the highest need of the individual kid. New Horizons will not tolerate anyone who is not committed to keeping kids safe from abuse, neglect and exploitation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Keeping Kids Safe!
- Following the New Horizons Employee Handbook;
- Work collaboratively with other personnel and/or service providers and professionals;
- Contribute to the development of expert knowledge on quality improvement frameworks;
- Provide injury consult to program leadership;
- Check medication logs for thoroughness;
- Review childrens initial medical records upon admission for any follow-up needed;
- Conduct Psychotropic medication training in accordance to State guidelines and New Horizons policy;
- Periodically review medication administration practices;
- Review medication orders to verify dosages;
- As applies administer tests or vaccines for children;
- Serve as agency healthcare professional for all state mandated medication error reporting;
- Complete the necessary documentation for the position; and
- Other duties as assigned or identified.
- Applicants must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age;
- Bachelors degree required and minimum 3 years experience in healthcare field
- Registered Nurse Licensure required.
- Applicants must have the ability to operate various office equipment;
- Applicants must have insight and understanding of cultural diversity and have the ability to work with diverse populations;
- Applicants must pass a criminal background check, drug screen, and tuberculosis screening;
- Applicants must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills, including proper telephone manners, as well as excellent organizational skills;
- Applicants must have functional numerical skills and an understanding of statistics related to medications and general medical documents;
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, planning, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to fulfill the technological requirements of the position, including: a working knowledge of Windows operating system including XP to the most current edition, Microsoft Word and Excel, email and electronic communications and effective Internet browsing in regard to information gathering, and research