OVERVIEW OF VULCAN MATERIALS COMPANY
Vulcan Materials Company is the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. We run our business with great discipline and integrity.
At Vulcan, our people share a competitive drive for excellence, in an environment of trust, teamwork, positive reinforcement, open-mindedness and communication.
Ours is a culture of mutual respect, integrity and committed spirit. Opportunity, community and unity is our way of doing business. We call it The Vulcan Way.
- Candidate will be expected to operate equipment with a high degree of competence, skill and proficiency. Performs start-up and shutdown procedures and monitors feed and materials flow and equipment settings throughout assigned responsibility area paying special attention to monitoring equipment and making adjustments as required to maximize production and to provide a quality product.
- Will be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor, i.e. plant maintenance, haul truck operation, etc.
- Candidates must have general knowledge of computer applications.
- In addition, the Plant Operator will need to be multi-skilled and will be required to perform other tasks such as equipment operator, clean up and screen changes.
Candidateswill be required and expected to:
- This position is for a portable HMA plant. Candidate will be expected to travel with this plant throughout Texas. Spending most of its time in North and West Texas.
- Complete daily plant inspections and assist in repair and maintenance of plant equipment as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Some computer skills are required for this position
- Daily communication with customers, sales, trucking and quality control
- Maintains inventory levels on aggregates and other raw materials
- Responsible for all daily reports and paperwork
- Ensure workplace safety daily
High School Diploma orGED is required.
Vulcan Materials Company offers a competitive compensation program and benefits package including: medical/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.