Grays Harbor College is seeking applications for a Program Coordinator - Instruction. This position reports to the Assistant to Vice President for Instruction. Under minimal supervision, the program coordinator will perform assigned duties utilizing the knowledge and experience specific to the Office of Instruction.
The Program Coordinator is a full-time, classified staff position. Classified positions at Grays Harbor College have been designated as bargaining unit positions represented by the Washington Public Employees Association, Local 365. The union and the college have a collective bargaining agreement (referred to as the contract) that is posted on the GHC website. Benefits include state retirement, health, dental, and vision package, vacation and sick leave, and employee tuition waivers.
GHC has a strong commitment to the achievement of equity and inclusion among its faculty, staff and students and values the rich diverse backgrounds that make up the campus community. To ensure the college provides an inclusive educational and employment environment focused on strategies for success and equitable outcomes for all, we are seeking a candidate who has an understanding of, and experience with, successfully supporting individuals with varying backgrounds, including people with disabilities; people with various gender identities and sexual orientations; individuals from historically underrepresented communities; and other groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide clerical support to the office of Instruction.
- Independently perform a variety of complex clerical projects and assignments, such as planning, organizing and prioritizing work.
- Create, review and process purchase requests, travel authorizations, travel expenses, etc.
- Maintain accurate and organized filing systems and ensure filing is up-to-date.
- Establish and maintain complex electronic or manual or database files.
- Monitor budget status of division budgets.
- Oversee the quarterly student course evaluations process for all faculty.
- Actively participate in the Data Custodians group.
- Maintain current catalog of Master Course Outlines and Course Syllabi.
- Assist with data entry for quarterly and annual schedule production.
- Run queries from the ODS for instructional programs.
- Assist with the maintenance of web pages for instructional programs.
- Provide support to ctcLink projects, including training and academic structure for transfer documents.
- Exhibit outstanding communication and customer service skills, both verbal and written.
- Advanced knowledge of computers and software applications, specifically MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Ability and commitment to work with diverse populations, under represented populations, students, staff and faculty.
- Ability to work independently.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A.A. Degree
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in office, clerical, or administrative work
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years of community college work experience
This position is open until filled. First review of applications begins 11/20/19. In addition to the GHC online Application you will need to submit the following materials. Incomplete applications will not be accepted or considered.
- Letter of application addressing your qualifications for the position.
- Transcripts of all college work completed. Unofficial copies are acceptable, official copies will be required at time of hire.
- Contact information for 3 professional references.
PROCESS NOTE: Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Grays Harbor College is firmly committed to providing an environment that provides fair and equal treatment in public employment and equal access to its programs and services. This shall be provided to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetics or veteran status. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. TTY-TTD 360-538-4223