Avera St. Luke's Named Top 20 Rural Community Hospital
Avera Named to Forbes' Best-in-State Employers List
- Perform assigned activities for residents at Avera Mother Joseph Manor.
- Assist in planning, developing and overseeing scheduled activities to promote physical, social, and mental wellbeing of residents.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Observe resident attendance, mood, behavior and degree of involvement.
- Interview residents or family members to obtain activity information.
- Develop and maintain good rapport with all services involved with the care plan.
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary team to promote residents own well-being promoting an environment of positive self-image, human dignity, and advocacy of residents' rights.
- Assist with feeding and transferring residents.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required.
- Have a valid driver's license and are insurable under Avera's vehicle insurance policy.
- 1 year of working with the elderly or individuals with disabilities.