CACI is seeking a cleared Technical Forensics Exploitation Specialist to provide exploitation and engineering support to the Intelligence and Information Warfare Directorate (I2WD), who will be available and willing to deploy to OCONUS locations to include the CENTCOM and AFRICOM AORs for up to 6 months at a time rotating with other deployers.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Provide hands-on technical forensic exploitation support for technical intelligence (TECHINT), media exploitation (MEDEX), cell phone exploitation (CELLEX), electronic exploitation (ELEX), and other unique exploitation missions.
- Conduct electronic analyses of target devices, including functional analyses of the target devices, understand and describe how the target functions from an electronic perspective – basic signaling characteristics; voltage levels; electrical connections; electrical modifications to commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware; logic states; operating frequencies; component configuration identification; operating profiles/modes; operation in noisy electromagnetic environments; and susceptibility.
- Serve as subject matter expert in RF characterization.
- Publish reports and briefings in order to present characterization information, electronics vulnerabilities, and exploitation recommendations.
- Work with a team to respond to RFI's and determine best consolidated solutions to problems.
- Design and implement characterization standard operating procedures (SOPs) and implement SOPs in daily functions.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Active Secret clearance and ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- BA/BS and 3 years experience (OR) Associates degree and 5yrs experience
- An understanding of RF communications, with a particular emphasis on complete characterization of electronic circuits.
- Extensive experience in electronics engineering.
- Experience using benchtop RF equipment including Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, and other equipment.
- Perform standard RF measurements (e.g. occupied bandwidth, average power, pulse width) using the previous listed test equipment.
- Experience in synthesizing and generating various types of RF waveforms using and arbitrary waveform generator.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience working in OCONUS DoD forensic exploitation labs, to include FXL-C and ACME Labs
- Experience in reverse engineering electronic devices from start to finish
- Experience in reverse engineering electronic components and circuit boards.
- Experience supporting exploitation and modeling and simulation tool development.
- Working knowledge of software defined radios (SDR), such as the Ettus B210 and x310. Able to interface with such units in order to transmit or receiver RF signals.
- Basic Matlab (and other basic programming/scripting) skills, should be able to apply digital signal processing techniques to communication signals. Techniques include digital filtering, sample rate conversion, frequency/phase estimation, demodulation, carrier recovery, timing recovery, channel equalization, pulse shaping, and forward error correction.
- Experience working with embedded systems such as Arduino and writing programs leveraging the SPI bus to configure and analyze various chipsets.
- Previous OCONUS deployment experience.
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Aberdeen Proving Ground-MD-BALTIMORE
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.