Full-Time Experienced Controls Specialist
The Experienced Controls Specialist is a full-time position that is responsible for preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. Site Controls Specialists troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency, effectiveness and reliability. Site Controls Specialist's hours of work vary by assigned location. This position offers a competitive base pay plus incentives which includes health care benefits, retirement and savings benefits such as pension, 401(k) and much more.
3K sign on bonus $1,500 to be paid at 6 months of successful employment and $1,500 to be paid at 1 yr of successful employment.
Establish and maintain all Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) systems. Develop and execute technical training plans for PLC systems. Provide support for installation, calibration and troubleshooting of PLC and control loops. Provide design engineering and technical support for electrical and controls systems. Manage controls projects, both capital and general.
Duties and Responsibilities all performed with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Program PLC controls, including PID loops and Special
- Function Programs.
- Utilize electrical expertise to troubleshoot PLCs (software &
- hardware) and instrument control loops.
- Provide training and development to Maintenance Mechanics in plant control systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot network and controls systems, both instrumentation and programming.
- Lay-out and design of electrical and process control systems.
- Commission, calibrate, and troubleshoot electronic equipment at an industrial level.
- Supervise the installation of instrument loops.
- Serve as 1 of 2 site controls point of contact.
- Develop, implement, and maintain control projects.
- Conform to all safety regulations.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Comply with safety, environmental, and quality requirements established by external and internal regulations.
- Work in close union with the Day Shift Controls Specialist ensuring clear, effective, and accurate controls work flow from shift-to-shift utilizing all forms of communication.
- Effectively communicate across departments and with all levels of management and employees.
- Initiate communications with national, OEM, or vendor experts when needed.
- Take calls or texts from plant personnel during off-hours when needs arise; may be required to come in during off-hours.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- 3-5 yrs experience in managing and programming plant process controls in a manufacturing environment.
- 3-5 yrs experience in PLC programming and variable frequency drives.
- Experienced with Allen Bradley PLCs.
- Experienced with Wonderware software.
- Experienced and skilled in the installation, calibration, set-up, and testing of PLCs and instrument control loops.
- Ability to learn and implement new PLC and instrumentation technology.
- Experienced and skilled in computer network troubleshooting and repair.
- Experienced with HMI programming and configuration.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting technical manuals.
- Read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams and blueprints.
- Experience with project management; positive interface with suppliers and vendors.
- Able to carry out plant project scope and intent through the execution of details.
- Demonstration of time management skills to balance multiple projects.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Preferred Qualifications/Experience:
- 2 yr Electrical Engineering degree and/or current LME or Journeyman Electrical License.
- Successful experience in developing training systems and providing training to others.
- Involvement in a professional trade group.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available  EEO is the Law &  EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View  PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our  Pay Transparency Statement.