Consumer Research Analyst
Position: Consumer Research Analyst
We’re looking for a Research Analyst to join our PlugInsights research team at the El Segundo, California headquarters of Recargo, Inc. This is either a full-time position, or a contract position, depending on the individual.
PlugInsights works with senior executive clients at the world’s leading automaker firms, among others, to help them understand electric vehicle drivers. Our work is helping to define tomorrow’s vehicles, EV support services, and public charging infrastructure. We use the Qualtrics survey software platform.
PlugInsights’ parent company, Recargo, is a leader in the EV category. We make PlugShare, the most popular app for EV drivers. We are also an EV charging network, focusing on long-distance corridors and fast-charging.
Consumer Research Analyst Responsibilities
- Help design, program and execute strategic survey research projects for external clients using our large online panel of electric vehicle drivers.
- We’re also app/software developers, and you would occasionally help conduct internal research that guides better software development (user studies, usability testing, etc.).
- An important part of the job is to work with clients at the beginning of the research process to help them express and refine objectives. Afterward, you would help translate those objectives into proposed study design recommendations, including selecting sample structure.
- You’ll be one of the people writing questionnaires, as well as programming the questions into our enterprise survey software engine.
- You’ll have a strong hand in analyzing the results, and crafting final presentations. Along the way, you’ll help with data management, data review, and cleaning.
- At least a BA/BS degree (preferably in psychology, business, marketing or related field) or equivalent work-related experience. 2-3 years of experience, at minimum.
- Someone who truly understands how to write great questionnaires that not only capture insights, but also keep respondent fatigue to a minimum.
- We need a strategic thinker: someone who goes beyond generating data and can tell us what the data means.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Capacity for strong attention to detail while maintaining a grasp of the bigger picture
- Strong project management and written/oral communication skills
- This is a great position for someone with interest in EVs, the automotive industry, vehicle owner and driver behavior, solar/renewable energy, utilities/smart-grid technology, mobile apps, online services, or consumer electronics.
- Experience an enterprise research software platform (e.g. Qualtrics, SurveyAnalytics, Vision Critical) is a real plus, as are skills in digital media analytics (website and mobile app usage).