Draft Beverage Specialist
Draft Beverage Systems Field Specialist - Full-time, Sterling, VA
Sestra Systems, an innovative startup delivering IoT-based smart dispensing solutions to the beverage industry, is currently recruiting a Draft Beverage Systems Specialist to join our Operations team. We are looking for a talented individual who wants the excitement that only a start-up can provide.
This position will provide expertise in beverage dispensing, with specific knowledge in draft wine and beer design, installation, and maintenance. The ideal candidate will be familiar with various configurations, materials and techniques for beer taps, whole system installations, carbonation, temperature, and pressurization. Experience with refrigeration systems a plus! Typical challenges include portability, mobile cooling and compact designs to integrate with existing installations. You will be responsible to assist with design, R&D, build, installation, and support.
- Collaborate with R&D, engineering to contribute to the design and engineering of Sestra draft solutions
- Serve as subject matter expert for various draft beverage system configurations
- Work as a team member on the operations team, providing guidance to other team members, training, and working in the field to install, maintain and support Sestra’s customers
- Create installation, testing, operation and maintenance SOPs
- Build, install and maintain Sestra dispensing solutions
- Support, troubleshoot and resolve issues remotely and in-person when needed
- Participate in the off-hours, on-call support rotation (approximately 6 – 7 times per year)
- Be able to travel, on occasion, to support Sestra customer installations.
- Provide emergency support for customer impacting service outages
- Experience with gas configurations (CO2, mixed gas)
- Experience with different tap faucets and an understanding of their design
- Experience with draft system cooling options and methods
- Experience with both short draw and long draw solutions
- Experience designing and installing draft systems
- Experience balancing draft beer systems
- Problem solving skills, a desire to collaborate and work with others is a must!
- 2+ years of experience draft system install / design
- Experience with various configurations (more than just standard CO2 beer) preferred
- Refrigeration experience a plus
- Draft Cocktail experience a plus
- This position is located in Sterling, VA
Company Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Company equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
About Sestra Systems
Sestra was founded by Lev Volftsun, a serial entrepreneur who has sold two technology companies to Cisco Systems and a third to Metaswitch, with a total accumulated value of over $1B. Our mission is to become the gold standard for beverage dispensing by bringing IoT connectivity to on-tap dispensing and serving the perfect pour, delivering revolutionary loss prevention to customers serving draft beverages (beer, wine, cocktails, cold brew coffee, etc.). Our patented pour control technology ensures that each and every glass of beer, wine or mixed drink is poured to the exact volume and temperature specified virtually eliminating costly over-pouring. Our hands-free, push-to-pour dispensing increases speed of service, eliminating long lines and increasing revenues during the busiest service periods. More importantly, our connected devices record all events and syncs with the cloud to provide valuable real-time analytics and remote administration capabilities to our customers. Sestra’s smart dispensing solutions are installed as mission-critical applications within iconic sports venues, cultural centers, hotels and restaurants across the country. The Washington Nationals, Kennedy Center, Warner Theater, Lincoln Center, Greenbrier Resort and Longwood Gardens are just a few of our local clients.