Sr. Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Automation
We are passionate about technology and building cool technical solutions based on cloud, containers and extreme automation. We believe in pushing the envelope and setting the bar high. That's one of the main reasons our customers love working with us. We are a management & technology consulting firm based out of Northern VA and DC Metro area. There are many factors that go into building and delivering superior technical solutions, but the most important factor is having top notch people.
If you love building continuous delivery solutions and automated deployment pipelines and want to take automation of software build and deployment concepts to the next level, then keep reading. You will be part of the DevOps Automation team and will be primarily working on automation solutions that involve Ansible and WMWare configuration management tool. Experience working in the DevOps space and specifically continuous delivery pipelines is highly preferred.
Required Skills and experience:
- 4-5 years+ automating systems and environment deployments using Ansible and VMWare (Vcenter/Vrealize Automation)
- 4-5+ years of experience working as an automation and technical engineer working with Linux and Windows systems
- Previous experience automating deployment of part of or entire CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with CloudForms or Ruby
- Background with OpenShift architecture
- Familiarity with VMware and AWS is a plus
- Familiarity with Red Hat products
- Proven track record delivering high quality and consistent systems and environments for development team
- Ability to multi-task; working on multiple project teams and wearing multiple hats is very common at Oteemo
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
Other important skill sets:
- Passionate about technology and its use to power business success
- Leader with intellectual curiosity and a strong go-getter attitude
- Great communicator and problem solver. Unconventional solutions and box-busting thinking should not deter you
- Able to see gaps and areas of improvement in process as well as technologies, providing recommendations and taking the initiative to fix issues are qualities we love to see in our teams
- Quick learner and able to adapt to new technologies and teams quickly
- People person who can interact well in both group and one-to-one settings
- As importantly, you should have a sense of humor and bring fun and intelligence into the organization
What we look for:
- Drive: Passion and energy to implement quality technical solutions. Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity
- Commitment to Quality: Passion to conceive and produce world-class solutions that drive real-world value for the customer
- Customer Focus: Consultative approach to solving problems for customers. Expectations management.
- Communication: Superior communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate problems, solutions, risks, rewards etc. (written and verbal)
- Technical Skills: Love for technology. You have to be inherently passionate about technology.
- Business Acumen: Technology ultimately is used to enable the business. We look for people who understand how the businesses can be enabled through their technical solutions
What we offer:
- Ability to make a noticeable difference for the organization and our customers
- Tremendous growth opportunity and becoming part of a rapidly growing organization. It’s not your tenure but what you can bring to the table that defines how your career will be shaped. You control your growth
- Complex but interesting challenges to improve the depth and breadth of your sales and business skills.
- Competitive pay and benefits. For more details, check out http://oteemo.com/careers/
Work authorization requirement: Due to the nature of some of our client engagements, you must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Work location is on customer site 3-4 days/week in VA with the rest working in our Reston office or remotely from home.
Oteemo is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law. Oteemo complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled employees.