As a Sales Director at Enigma, you'll be responsible for driving the strategy for identifying, cultivating, and forging new client relationships with the world’s preeminent companies and organizations. In this dynamic role, you will be opening up strategic dialogues with Fortune 500 executives and leading hedge funds around their key business priorities, particularly as they pertain to data, and working closely with their executives as a trusted advisor to identify how Enigma’s unique data and technology can address their pressing challenges and deliver value. Ultimately your success will be measured by your ability to close large and complex enterprise deals with some of the most preeminent organizations in the world, adding to the stable of Fortune 500 companies and leading hedge funds Enigma already counts among our clients.
You believe in the transformative power of data and are excited by its potential to drive impactful change. You embrace responsibility: the bucks stops with you. You love sales and have a track record of performance. You are consultative in your commercial approach. You are entrepreneurial, resourceful, and self-motivated, able to execute autonomously and at a high-level without directions and resources being served up on a silver platter. You have top-notch business sense and communications skills such that you are highly credible with senior executives at large organizations. You are adept at putting yourself in the shoes of the buyer and the end-user, and understand how to execute on proposal development, negotiation strategy, and deal economics. You have extremely high attention to detail and project management skills. You are a great listener, communicator and teammate. You are high energy and take pride in your craft.
You will become asked to become a domain expert in areas ranging from alternative data use in quantitative investing to pharmaceutical safety. You will resourcefully network and forge relationships with industry leaders, building Enigma’s reputation, developing smart proposals that get to the heart of value delivery, designing detailed client engagement programs, leading complex negotiations, and closing millions of dollars in large enterprise sales, building true partnerships with our clients. You will also work closely with our product team to continually identify new problems Enigma can solve in a world-class manner. You will play a critical role in helping Enigma grow into the leading data technology company.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced technical degree or MBA is a plus
- 7+ years work experience, with past success in sales or business development, ideally in startup or growth-stage companies
- Prior experience closing large (high six and seven-figures) and complex sales or strategic partnerships, ideally with Fortune 1000 companies
- Strong understanding of and passion for how enterprises can use data to operate more intelligently and efficiently, with significant technical acumen
- Experience selling complex products / enterprise software
- Experience with the data operations of companies in financial services, life sciences, manufacturing, insurance and hedge funds a major plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to multitask and manage time effectively under tight deadlines
- True entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to operate successfully in a growth company environment
- Significant experience working directly with C-level executives
- Generosity, curiosity and hustle (our values)
Enigma is a rapidly growing team based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are a Series B funded, backed by an amazing roster of investors including NEA Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, American Express Ventures, and The New York Times Company.
Founded in 2012, Enigma grew out of an effort to retrieve, normalize, and host public data. Fun fact, our big coming out party was winning TechCrunch Disrupt's 2013 Battlefield. Our vision is to empower people to interpret, and improve, the world around them. We place data in the context of the real world and make it connected, open and actionable. Enigma has one of the world’s largest repositories of public data and a powerful infrastructure for operationalizing data in the enterprise. We help global-scale companies take on some of their hardest problems by driving public data and enterprise ontologies in high-demand workflows.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.