Anesthesiology Technician Lead
Rotating/Variable Shifts Join our award-winning team at University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). Among the top medical centers in the United States, and ranked as the number 1 hospital in Washington State, as rated by News & World Report 2016-2017 "America's Best Hospitals", UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW's School of Medicine.
The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
UWMC Anesthesia Technical Services has an outstanding opportunity for a FULL-TIME ANESTHESIOLOGY TECHNICIAN LEAD (Rotating/Variable Shifts). In support of excellent direct patient care, the Anesthesiology Technician Lead serves as point person to coordinate daily flow of services with Anesthesiology Technicians and oversight of supplies and equipment.
- Lead daily activities and services at all Anesthesia locations.
- Work with Manager to develop policies and procedures.
- Assist in quality assurance programs as directed by Manager. Participate in process improvement committees, as assigned.
- Perform as Anesthesiology Technician 2 as required and directed by Manager.
- Ensure appropriate staffing on the floor.
- Schedule assignments and breaks for the Anesthesia team, creating staffing/scheduling grids as directed by Manager.
- Coach other Anesthesia Technicians on performance; escalate situations to the attention of Manager, if needed.
- Assist in the recruitment and evaluation of Anesthesiology Technicians.
- Lead staff development, training, new employee orientation, as directed by Manager.
Inventory and Equipment:
- Responsible for proper control of records and inventories.
- Troubleshoot and coordinate equipment repairs.
- Coordinate stock inventories with purchasing.
- Maintain knowledge of vendor product upgrades.
- Research UWMC's potential as a future internship site for Anesthesiology Technicians as directed by Manager.
Participate in professional and educational events relevant to Anesthesiology Technicians.
Promote service to patients, the public, and hospital staff.
Perform other related tasks as of Arts Degree in Biomedical Electronics OR Two years of postsecondary education/training with emphasis in the sciences and two years of experience as an Anesthesiology Technician II or equivalent OR Three years of experience as an Anesthesiology Technician II or equivalent.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.