HarperCollins Children’s Publishing is currently seeking a very creative and organized Marketing Assistant, to support the TEEN marketing team. The teen marketing team is responsible for marketing all of HarperCollins’ teen books, ranging from non-fiction to literary and commercial fiction, as well as providing content and ideas for our online reader community, Epic Reads. In addition to general administrative support for the teen team, this position will also interface with the other marketing categories, as well as design, online, publicity, school and library marketing, and marketing operations.
- Support the development and execution of marketing plans for teen titles and series
- Help coordinate daily project management of key promotions
- Pitch and execute content for the Epic Reads social media channel
- Work with Digital Marketing, Publicity, and School & Library Marketing teams to help develop cohesive campaigns across all channels
- Coordinate sell-in tools, sell sheets, catalog information, and departmental mailings
- Create and manage seasonal tracking grids, and update marketing plans across all internal systems as campaigns evolve
- Assist with research and organization of cross-promotional efforts and advertising
- Provide administrative support as necessary
- Research industry trends and social media platforms in the teen space
- College degree, or equivalent work experience
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize, and can work independently, as well as in a team
- Must be extremely organized, very detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task with all administrative duties
- The ideal candidate should be a quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Effective communication skills (oral & written), good judgment, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative writing experience writing long- (blog) or short-form (tweets!) content for teens
- Social media proficiency and interest are a must!
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.