Technical Project Manager
Individual will oversee WAN network activities for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) OneNet program.
Duties and Responsibilities: Provide schedule development, maintenance, performance and validation, and analysis for the entire OneNet Program. This includes the development of schedules for each service request submitted through the OneNet SharePoint portal and also project schedules for all of the OneNet individual Architectural and Engineering, Enterprise Operations Center Projects. Provide risk management activities including identifying, analyzing and tracking risks to the development project. Develop Project Performance Reports. Coordinate and support project meetings. Evaluate performed processes, work products, and services against the application process descriptions, regulations, standards, and procedures. Prepare project costs and schedule estimates, and presentation materials, to support approval and implementation of OneNet network and system changes. Develop cost and schedule estimates. Monitor OneNet projects to ensure to determine ways to use economies of scale in the project areas. Monitor OneNet projects to ensure to determine ways to use economies of scale in the project areas.
- 5+ years experience in WAN project management including network development, architecture, engineering and at least 3 years experience managing and leading technical teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field desired.
- Must be Project Management Professional (PMP) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certified.
- ITIL certification is highly desirable.
- Experience in all phases of the engineering lifecycle including: requirements; architecture; design; implementation; testing; and operations and maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Ability to assess infrastructure, identify areas for improvement, and recommend solutions.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and direction to team members and lower level technicians.
- Knowledge of relevant server-side tools and technologies.
- Experience with network monitoring and management using an automated solution. Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining servers and desktops in an enterprise organization.
- Extensive experience with security as it pertains to network architecture, desktops, laptops, servers, firewalls, routers, and intrusion detection systems (IDS).
- Experience managing technical teams.
- Solid customer service and communication skills are critical as well as the ability and willingness to communicate effectively and appropriately in an empathetic and understanding manner. Previous experience supporting DHS highly desirable.
- Must be a US citizen.