Network Designer/Project Support (Security Clearance Required)
Fort Belvoir, Virginia, United States
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex/gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, pregnancy, veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, or other legally protected status. We maintain a drug-free workplace
Tasks: The Network Engineer will work with the engineering team Lead to support special projects including network equipment refresh, new site deployments, and new service offering rollout. In this role, the Network Engineer will provide backup support as needed, in support of emerging requirements. Other responsibilities include:
- design, plan, establish, and optimize networks and enterprise network architecture
- develop network infrastructures and make recommendations on systems enhancements for optimization
- lead and supervise teams
- provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception through implementation
- train and mentor other engineers
- design and validate link performance, quality and reliability
- use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and adjust equipment
- create manuals and support documentation
- optimize existing network by adjusting network parameters, adding/deleting of neighbors and recommending possible solutions to hardware problems.
- Must have a DoD 8140 (Formerly 8570) certification IAT-I,
- Must have a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or equivalent
- Expert level experience in LAN technologies (switches, routers, wireless and firewalls) including centralized monitoring and management in large-scale, high availability environments
- Expert level experience large scale LAN/WAN switching environments.
- Expert level in TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Expert level experience with Routing. Network survey/deployment/support experience required.