Cost Accountant, Herndon VA, 95k
The Staffing Resource Group, Inc Herndon, VA
Cost Accountant (DOD)
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: DOD Cost Accountant
- Location: Herndon, VA
- Industry: Global Technology-Tactical Communications
- Salary: $80,000.00
- Employment Type: Direct Hire
- About the company: This company is leading the way in future surveillance operations within high performance overt and covert video, audio, cellular and tracking solutions and has a global reach, with regional offices based in the United States, United Kingdom, Denmark, Singapore, and Brazil.
Duties may include any of the following:
- Analysis of revenue and associated costs.
- Performs variance analysis between actual and budgeted revenue and costs.
- Financial modeling and forecasting.
- Preparation and analysis of cost reports.
- Analyze application of rates in the cost system.
- Responsible for validating, analyzing and reporting on inventory.
- Performs account analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Provides pricing support and analysis.
- Provides support for government audits.
- Communicate/report findings to management and other departments.
- Process Improvement & documentation
- Incurred cost vouchers for flexibly priced contracts
- Performs other duties as required within Finance
Skills and Specifications
- Must possess strong finance/accounting technical knowledge, as well as business acumen.
- Must have advanced technical skills with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Prior forecasting, planning and financial modeling experience is a plus
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related discipline is required.
- Three to five years of accounting experience in a manufacturing organization; coupled with at least 2 years in cost accounting is preferred
- Experience with US GAAP is strongly preferred.Must possess decision-making capabilities, analytical skills, and be a self-starter.
- Must also demonstrate the ability to take initiative, respond to work demands in a flexible manner and produce timely, high quality work products.
- Must be customer service driven, a team player and have a willingness to seek feedback to improve skills, knowledge and performance.