Senior Technical Project Manager
Cvent is looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager to join our rapidly growing Technology Team. Cvent’s Technology Team is responsible for the design, development and operation of the company’s suite of cloud-based software products. The technology department boasts sharp technical skills and the ability to use collaboration and analytical prowess to work through complex problems. The tech team focuses on releasing innovative, feature-filled products that solidify Cvent’s position as a leader in the events industry.
Cvent’s Technology Team is a great opportunity for you to:
- Work on Internet scale applications, where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts.
- Create beautiful, interactive and easy-to-use web applications using rich client-side code and MVC based server-side code.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Event-Driven Architecture (EDA) in real-life applications.
- Gain experience with different database technologies, ranging from traditional relational to the latest NoSQL products such as MongoDB and Redis.
What You Will Be Doing
The Senior Technical Project Manager is responsible for guiding development projects from the conceptual stages through the development or technical implementation cycle. This position helps to ensure that the development/implementation process, architecture and standards are followed. The Technical project manager is responsible for quality and may assist in implementation efforts if quantity is not being achieved.
- Helps to ensure that the defined architecture and development standards are adhered to.
- Assumes the leadership role as it relates to mentorship, training and giving feedback to implementation staff.
- Creates and maintains project plans for initiatives.
- Responsible for maintaining and communicating project status on an ongoing basis.
- Performs SDLC functions such as: Design, Design Reviews, Code Reviews and Project Status.
- Leads the planning process for new and ongoing initiatives.
- Coordinates and maintains the configuration for software system installations.
- Coordinates and maintains the configuration for new implementation and migration.
- Consults with appropriate staff/departments on application requirements, user interface functionality and maintenance of systems.
- Assists Architects to help define the best approach to implementing functionality and resolving technical implementations on additions to existing functionality.
- Provides technical expertise to project staff, quality assurance and production support staff.
- Provides timely response and support to production line customer issues and helps to ensure that system maintains all SLA’s throughout investigation, troubleshooting and resolution.
What You Need for this Position
- Successful candidates will have relevant internet operations and/or project management experience, in a professional environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters degree preferred. Desired majors include Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Business Management, etc
- Excellent knowledge of project management principles and project planning
- Must have at least 3 years experience working through the design, development and release cycle delivering software to market
- Large/enterprise application development experience preferred
- Project Management or Project Lead experience in a SaaS, PaaS environment preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills
- A willingness to dive into environments and technical issues as part of maintaining the skills necessary to manage and advocate products and projects
Cvent’s not a startup anymore, but you wouldn’t always be able to tell. We’ve worked hard to maintain a culture of entrepreneurship even as we’ve grown larger. So what does it mean to be a Cventer? It means having the freedom to innovate, while still being a part of something larger. It’s having a voice that’s heard, and a team who will listen. It’s working hard, and it’s celebrating our victories together.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, stock options, bonuses, 401K, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace