Administrative Assistant III - Temp. to Perm.
Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated Washington, DC
We are seeking a high-energy, organized professional to provide administrative support for a small team of Investment Bankers.
As an Administrative Assistant III, you will:
- Provide phone support to team. Be helpful / courteous / professional to all callers. Be knowledgeable of constituents, inside and outside the firm, and know when it is appropriate / important to pull team members from meetings or otherwise interrupt team members or track them down for important callers / visitors.
- Be knowledgeable of teams’ schedule and maintain team members’ calendars, schedule conferences and meetings. Coordinate schedules, meeting rooms, menus, and travel arrangements.
- Make domestic and international travel arrangements, prepare itineraries and communicate with team members to keep them informed of upcoming events.
- Anticipate needs of team members and be proactive with respect to scheduling travel and assisting the team in preparing for meetings.
- Assist Investment Banking team with database needs. Database needs may involve direct data entry, organization and manipulation of data in Interaction, SalesForce, Access and Excel.
- Represent Baird in a professional manner both internally and externally through telephone and in-person contact. Addressing inquiries will require knowledge of the department's overall function, policies, procedures, or services.
- Process and submit expenses for team members through Concur system in a timely manner.
- Proofread and correct written material for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and content.
- Filing, general organizational assistance and various other duties as assigned.
- Work as a team with other Administrative Assistants, backing up and assisting as needed.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Administrative experience working with multiple team members.
- Professional demeanor with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with general supervision. Must be proactive, have good follow through skills and work effectively as a team player.
- Ability to complete work projects with speed and accuracy, often under pressure and/or short deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with CRM and database programs.
- Demonstrate reliability in attendance and work performance.
- Minimal overtime may be requested.
- Performs other duties and miscellaneous special projects as assigned.
Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with more than 100 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has more than $171 billion in client assets and over 3,300 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 4 on the Fortune Magazine Top 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017, its fourteenth consecutive year on the list. To learn more about Baird’s culture, click here.