Clearance Level Needed: None
Category: Information Technology
Are you a problem solver, ready for a challenge to measurably improve healthcare? Are you passionate about staying current with innovative technologies? Our Front End Web Developer will work closely with the User Experience Design team to move the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid from clunky, archaic portal software to delightful, responsive web applications. You will develop features and enhancements that will help clinicians and other users across the US report on and use data to improve patient health.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of UI designs to actual code that will produce visual and interactive elements of the application. You will work with the UX/UI designers and bridge the gap between UX and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
ManTech is seeking a candidate to join a diverse team that is designing and building a next-generation healthcare application to support to the End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) value-based purchasing programs administered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
The team provides the full lifecycle development and support necessary to consolidate the following three existing data entry and reporting systems into a single redesigned system:
• The Consolidated Renal Operations in a Web-Enabled Network (CROWNWeb)
• The Renal Management Information System (REMIS)
• The ESRD Quality Incentive Payment (QIP) System
ManTech provides agile requirements gathering and breakdown for sprint story refinement, user experience (UX) design, acceptance test-driven development (ATDD), DevOps, automated testing to include comprehensive regression testing, software release and deployment, documentation, help desk/maintenance support, and knowledge transfer.
• Collaborate with the UX and development teams to develop new user-facing features
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Translate CSS from designers into working, production-ready code
• Implement a clean code methodology through CSS best practices
• Recommend and enforce policies for the source-code control system (GIT) and the team’s use thereof. (e.g. “don’t break the build”, or “DBTB” – the policy that no check-in should cause a failure in the DevOps pipeline.)
• Ensure that front end code meets accessibility requirements
• Identify and troubleshoot any coding problems
• Ensure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
• Contribute to reusable code and libraries for future use
• Maintain current knowledge of the industry and any advancements in technology
• All other duties as assigned or directed
• Proficient understanding of:
• Web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
• Responsive UI design (e.g. using Bootstrap)
• Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
• Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with designers, developers, and other relevant staff members or stakeholders
• Willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems
• Good understanding of mobile and responsive web design, accessibility concepts and regulations (such as WCAG and Section 508), and general usability best practices
• Experience working in an agile environment, with evolving requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
• 4+ years of experience of full lifecycle development
• 4+ years of application design experience
• 4+ years of combined REST integration experience
• 4+ years of data visualization (e.g. looker, D3.js, Chart.js, Google Charts) , pixel perfect reporting & report design (e.g. Tableau, Birst, Qlik, Microstrategy) experience
• Education and/or formal training may substitute for experience requirement
Other Skills Required: General use of Microsoft office products (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint).
Clearance: No clearance required.
Requires Bachelors degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.