Sr Energy Acquisition Analyst
This is a senior level energy acquisition role, in which the incumbent administers the energy procurement process for a specific PHI jurisdiction. The incumbent will collaborate with internal teams such as regulatory and legal, as well as state regulatory commissions. In this role, he/she will utilize their knowledge of the PJM marketplace to monitor market rule changes that impact the energy procurement process. Also will provide analytical support for power purchase agreements and complete ad hoc analysis in support of PHI energy acquisition initiatives.
Management responsibility for the design, testing, implementation, documentation and on-going performance of daily operational and financial processes required for the Company to purchase power in the PJM marketplace and deliver energy to retail customers under a restructured retail environment. Support other Senior Analysts in Department with day-to-day responsibilities and other Company organizations with strategic initiatives such as the design and implementation of new procurement methodologies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
-Management responsibility for the detailed design, testing, implementation, on-going performance and documentation of the business processes for generating load estimates, verifying and submitting energy schedules, submitting capacity obligations and network service billing determinants and calculating and submitting 60-day reconciliations under PJM. Ongoing responsibility for performing daily processes.
-Management responsibility for the detailed design, testing, implementation, on-going performance and documentation of the business processes for wholesale supplier and PJM statement accrual, billing and financial reporting and performance of mark-to-market and collateral processing under wholesale supply agreements. Ongoing responsibility for performing processes.
-Management responsibility for the design, implementation, on-going performance and documentation of the business processes for verifying generation and tie-line values with neighboring market participants as part of the zonal check-out process under PJM. Ongoing responsibility for performing daily processes.
* Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
1. Bachelor's degree in engineering, finance or related field and minimum 5 - 8 years of experience or in lieu of bachelors degree, a minimum of 9-12 years of relevant experience.
2. Familiarity with wholesale marketplace, OATTs and PJM business rules
3. Familiarity with restructured retail marketplace and energy/utility retail tariffs
4. Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communications skills
5. Ability to solve complex problems and make decisions
1. Pursuit or completion of MBA
2. Utility industry experience
3. Proven ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently.
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers