Director of Operations
BAE Systems Arlington, VA
BAE Systems is looking for a dynamic individual, self-motivated, preferably with USN background centered on USN weapons systems acquisition management, to join our team as a Director of Operations providing support to the Program Manager for ESSM Block 1, ESSM Block 2 and for the NSSMS and its components within the NATO SEASPARROW Project Office (NSPO).
Specific program elements include being a principal advisor to the Program Manager (PM) and Deputy Program Managers (DPMs), assist PM/DPMs in planning and executing short and long term NSPO goals, operations and strategy, facilitate communications between the PM and the Division Directors, and manage the Front Office Staff and day-to-day NSPO operations.
General functions include advising the PM and DPMs, as requested, on NSPO (Consortium) and PEO IWS (U.S.) related issues, assisting the PM and DPMs in planning and executing short and long term goals, operations and strategy, facilitate communications between the PM and the Division Directors, manage Front Office administrative staff and oversee the day-to-day operations of the NSPO, provide coordination of administrative functions of the NSPO, to include secretaries/administrative assistants, program support and meeting support; this includes ensuring Front Office drives the Board of Deputies agenda items, generate, review and track correspondence for the NSPO, including any communications intended for public dissemination or release to the press, manage to Command Tickler File, to include Action Item status and due dates, prepare briefs and presentations for NSPO meetings and program reviews, as required by the PM and DPMs, ensure that all briefs, presentations and correspondence are releasable to the intended audience, travel, as necessary, in support of meetings at the Washington Navy Yard, Pentagon, and at NSPSC and program review meeting locations, among other locations, review projects, reports, group and individual performance for consistency with policies, compliance with procedures and regulations, technical adequacy, timeliness and effective utilization of resources, and identify operating problems, conflicting priorities, program deficiencies, and potential problem areas; recommend solutions.
Minimum Education And Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills And Education
Minimum education and years of service required:
18+ Years with HS
14+ Years with AA
12+ Years with BS
10+ Years with MS
7+ Years with PhD
- Knowledge of Navy/DoD weapons systems acquisition processes.
- Knowledge of OPNAV and Resource Sponsor POM process
- Ability to direct and control related cost estimating, accounting, scheduling, progress reporting and project justification activities relating to the accomplishment of engineering programs.
- Act as principal advisor and consultant to the Project Manager and representatives of the Participating Governments on matters of systems engineering, planning, and management; technical evaluation; facility and equipment support; documentation support and training.
- Mastery of advanced concepts, theories, practices and technique of electronic and practical knowledge of related scientific and engineering disciplines. Ability to apply new developments and experienced judgment to solve a variety of highly complex technical problems.
- Strong ability to interact and communicate effectively with upper-level managers in government agencies, foreign military civilian representatives, and private industry contractors.
- Ability to write and speak effectively and persuasively in order to present project status, defend and justify courses; of action, changes in direction, and to effectively lead committees and working groups.
- Working knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite software products.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.