Business Development Manager (Army)
Here at VT Group, our business units provide turnkey engineering and logistics, enterprise Information Technology, and C5ISR services worldwide, primarily in the DOD, commercial, and health-care arenas.
VT Group is seeking a Business Development Manager located in Chantilly, VA to be responsible for new business growth in the designated Army market. Will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities that fit the organization’s strategy, develop and maintain prospective customer relationships, understand customer budgets, problems, issues, and constraints, and develop winning solutions. Will be responsible for developing the initial capture strategy, internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing for each opportunity.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities,
- Perform market research to include identifying the needs of the customer, budget, capabilities required, customer preferences and competitive environment.
- Perform task order responses to include shaping responses with key win themes and solutions for C4ISR,
- Leverage partnerships with key stakeholders and customers to assess potential business opportunities that result in measurable revenue growth, qualify them as meaningful opportunities, and work with professional capture managers to win new business.
- Develop relationships with team partners,
- Manage the recruitment of key personnel for responses,
- Will be expected to identify capability gaps, emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, monitor competitor activity, and develop solution concepts in accordance with requirements that can be executed at reasonable profit,
- Oversee the execution of award.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related concentration with 10 years of DOD experience
- Demonstrate successful experience in business development
- Deep understanding the DOD, specifically the US Army
- Ability to obtain and maintain a clearance at the secret level
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
VT Group is a drug free workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.