QA Analyst, IT Digital (JC3)
QA Analyst, IT Digital. We are currently seeking two contractors to fulfill QA Analyst, IT Digital roles with our Columbus, Ohio client. These roles will perform functional, system and integration level testing on newly developed and redesigned software solutions. Creates and maintains test cases. Documents and summarizes test results and reports findings. Works under moderate supervision to determine and develop approaches and solutions to complex problems.
Must possess the following abilities:
- Works as an individual contributor on projects. Serves this role as an independent tester on a team of 2-5 software testers responsible for designing, developing, executing and maintaining functional, integration, and system test cases. Serves as an expert on assigned functionality within a project.
- Participates in requirement reviews and provides feedback to the Business Analyst to remedy gaps.
- Applies a broad application of industry standards, principles, theories and concepts involving quality testing to individual assignments. Ability to develop black box, positive and negative scenarios to comprehensively test a feature based upon requirements, functional and technical specification documents.
- Participates in test case reviews for work of internal and external peers and provides feedback to remedy test coverage gaps. Facilitates test case review sessions for assigned functionality and incorporates feedback received.
- Creates test data and executes tests developed. Reports discrepancies against requirements as defects including preconditions, test data, detailed test procedure, expected and actual results. Retests fixed defects.
- Manages own deliverables to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Effectively communicates status to the test lead and management.
- Establishes successful working and support relationships with cross functional leaders and staff as well as third party vendors.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the software development life cycle. Requires excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills; effective analytical skills to identify specific business scenarios that need to be tested; detail-oriented.
- Ability to logically and systematically analyze business and technical requirements. Ability to express technical concepts and procedures clearly, precisely, and in easy to understand test cases; good interpersonal/customer relations skills.
- Experience in designing and executing complex, comprehensive e2e tests in an on-premises or multi-use cloud environment.
- Efficient in the use of business software applications required to fulfill the functions of this position. Ability to learn and then train others on new applications.
- Experience in developing complex SQL queries.
- Experience in working with relational databases; knowledge of middleware applications such as GIS middleware, Informatica, and Mulesoft; experience in report testing using MicroStrategy or similar reporting tools.
- Team player with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with QA Complete or similar requirement/test case/test execution/defect tracking tool.
- Knowledge and understanding of retail industry
- Experience testing e-Commerce sites
- Experience with Mobile application testing
- Experience working with Agile teams
- Story card reviews to ensure testability, development of acceptance criteria and effort estimation
- Experience with Order Management systems
- Minimum 5-7 years of QA experience is required
- B.S. Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
To view all our open positions, please go to: http://www.jobs.net/jobs/fastswitch/en-us/all-jobs/