Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Provide onsite service desk, IT operation and maintenance support including system, server and virtual infrastructure support. Support system testing and monitoring, backups, performance tuning, capacity analysis, integration, and lifecycle management. Provide comprehensive system administration of Windows Servers including database servers, web servers, and application servers. Ensure systems meet information and physical security safeguards. Engineer new technologies and incorporate them into the environment. Responsible for ongoing operational support and maintenance of systems and data.
Provide expertise for IT Infrastructure, application infrastructure, and business continuity in accordance with contractually established terms and conditions and established technical standards.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for a growing Windows network, providing system engineering support and operations support to more than 2000 users.
- Performs daily system monitoring; verifies the integrity and availability of hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes; reviews system and application logs
- Researches and recommends innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures
- Contributes to and maintains system standards
- Configures hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Develops custom software deployment strategies to support client needs
- Scripts installation of common software and system drivers
- Provides for software installation, configuration, upgrade, support, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Provides problem and incident resolution, including dealing with software and hardware vendor technical support
- Acts as a liaison with other groups to provide information sharing pertaining to the needs of the diverse set of computer users supported by the client as a whole
- 8 years of progressive Information Technology (IT) experience including at least 4 years supporting Windows Server
- Experience managing endpoint encryption products (McAfee Endpoint Encryption or WinMagic SecureDoc preferred)
- Experience managing endpoint protection products (Symantec Endpoint Protection preferred)
- Experience managing mobile devices (Airwatch preferred)
- Experience with scripting (Powershell, VBScript, Windows Batch Scripting, or similar)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience documenting processes and creating work instructions
- Experience working as a part of a large team and working directly with customers.
- Experience managing VDI environments
- Experience with data entitlement (Varonis product experience preferred)
- Experience managing Active Directory
- Experience managing Office365 products
- Experience with server hardware management (racks, power, cabling)
- Experience working with remote management tools (iLO, iDRAC, etc.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.