Software Systems Engineer
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Software Systems Engineer to join our team in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will model and apply software engineering methods and techniques to the design, definition, development, evaluation, integration, qualification and/or support of complex products, tools, or technologies in support of the TSA STIP (Security Transportation Integration Program) DOMAIN program.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Formulates/defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs
- At least 3 years of direct IT software development, maintenance and/or networked systems
- Experience troubleshooting application and deployment issues, provide level 1 support from smoke testing to troubleshooting critical application issues, own and lead troubleshooting effort, interface between development and external teams to resolve the issue
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance, may interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
- Agile/DevOps experience using tools from the Atlassian suite including Jira, Confluence, and Selenium (or similar Agile tool-suite)
- Java, J2EE, and Java Frameworks (i.e. Spring)
- Open source tools such as Maven, Git, and Ant
- SonarQube scanning tool
- Cloudant NoSQL Database
- DashDB QL Database
- Impala SQL Interface to Document Store
- Rapid ETL
- Apache, Kafka, NiFi
- Big Data Big Table SOLR HBase, Hadoop
- Cloud migration support for Azure, AWS
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Experience designing software applications and integrating systems in a Federal government contracting environment
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Science degree and minimum three (8) years of software development, IT operations, application development or systems integration or equivalent blend of education and experience.
- Preferred: At least four years of experience supporting TSA/DHS or similar security or law enforcement agency
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.