Sunrise Senior Living McLean, VA
'Sunrise is the best place that I've ever worked, simply because of the people. We provide quality care in an environment that feels like home. Our focus is doing what’s right for the resident. For me, that’s a big breath of fresh air.'
- Sunrise Leader
Sunrise Senior Living’s unique resident-centered services are delivered by a team trained to encourage independence, preserve dignity, enable freedom of choice and protect the privacy of each resident. This approach enables us to continue championing quality of life for all seniors — it’s been our mission since 1981 and it’s what has made Sunrise Senior Living the premier provider of senior living services. Although there now are more than 300 Sunrise Senior Living communities throughout the U.S., and in Canada and the United Kingdom, every location holds true to the vision on which the company was founded.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to work in our Corporate Headquarters based out of McLean, VA. Sunrise Senior Living maintains a large computing environment with three Enterprise Datacenters, over 600 Servers supporting more than 7,000 users.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Manage provisioning of new servers and application installation
- Monitor infrastructure for availability, performance and security
- Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis
- Maintain high level of knowledge and expertise in core enterprise environments: Office 365, SharePoint, Active Directory, Citrix, Windows Servers, VMware, HP Server Hardware
- Troubleshooting hardware and system level problems
- Perform daily ticket queue monitoring and incident resolution as the last and level 3 technical escalation path
- Coordinates the maintenance of user accounts and systems access controls
- Assist in the organization and inventory of hardware and software resources
- Provides after-hours on-call support on a rotating schedule
- Perform tasks outside of regular business hours, as required
- All other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or closely related field of study, preferred; however, equivalent work experience may be substituted for a 4-year degree
- 2+ years’ experience in systems engineering work
- Previous experience maintaining servers in production environment preferred
Qualifications and Skills
- Office 365 admin experience is preferred
- Knowledge of current Windows server platform
- Knowledge of full stack of Windows Active Directory services
- Hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with virtual server and desktop environments, preferably VMWare and Citrix
- Familiarity with networked/distributed computing environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, ability to work on teams, good interpersonal skills, and demonstrated problem resolution skills
Sunrise maintains a drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a drug and alcohol test.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise. At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals.