Cyber Incident Handler/SME
Clearance Level Needed: Secret
ManTech, a well-respected industry leader, is actively seeking talented professionals eager to support mission critical programs and solve some of the toughest problems critical to our great nation's security.
ManTech is currently seeking experienced Cyber Incident Handlers to identify and respond to sophisticated cyber incidents for a cutting edge program in Washington, DC.
Candidates must currently possess a SECRET clearance.
ManTech seeks several self-starting individuals with the technical and general professional skills required to support development, maintenance, and continual upgrades of a multi-OS environment supporting the United States Naval Observatory network modernization project. Serving on-site with the client’s government and contractor staff members, the candidate must demonstrate the following skills, experience, and credentials:
1) Experience within a security operations environment (SOC) with emphasis on cyber security incident management, network, host and application security, intrusion detection and/or other security event analysis.
2) Advanced experience with log and packet analysis tools and techniques.
3) Working knowledge of security incident response tools, SIEM, working knowledge of Windows, UNIX/LINUX operating systems, and networking devices.
4) Understanding of segmented networks.
5) Functional knowledge of system and component scanning and remediation.
6) Experience with and functional knowledge of HBSS and Splunk.
7) Ability to demonstrate analytical expertise, strict attention to detail, critical thinking, and logic, and ability to learn and adapt quickly.
8) Effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing basic information about technical designs and system requirements.
1) Working knowledge of DIACAP and RMF Accreditation processes.
2) Working knowledge of eMASS and VRAM processes.
3) Ability to perform surface malware analysis to help understand the type of malware, properties, and basic facts from a high-level perspective.
4) Experience in: C, Perl, Awk, Java, shell (all variations), and other scripting tools.
Degrees: Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field or equivalent experience.
Major Certifications: GCIH preferred. CCNA preferred. CISSP required.
Years of Experience: 10.
Requires Bachelor¿s degree or equivalent and ten to twelve years of related experience. Minimum of four years experience in technology/tools specific to the target platforms.