Under general supervision, this individual will perform full life-cycle development of advanced, technically complex systems, to include design, application development, testing, releasing, installation, and maintenance of software. The ability to adapt solutions from one environment to another, addressing new capabilities and system integration problems, is required. In addition to understanding core signal processing algorithms, implementation may include hardware control, GUI design, and database development. The right candidate will be expected to demonstrate disciplined work habits leading to products that are well-structured, documented, and carefully tested. This position will allow for direct interaction with end users and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering with an engineering/math focus or other equivalent field of discipline
- Demonstrated expertise in scientific programming with C, C++, or similar high-level language on Unix/Linux
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to support multiple projects within the organization
- Highly motivated to learn new and existing technologies, including digital signal processing and communications theory
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance (US citizenship required)
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science/Computer Engineering with engineering/math focus or other equivalent field of discipline
- 5+ years of experience in practical system development and deployment
- Experience with Python, Java, QT, and X-Midas or MATLAB
- Experience with high performance software systems in a virtualized environment
Rincon Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.