Technical Program Manager
Octo Consulting Group is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to join our growing team in support of a Federal customer in Rockville, MD.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of all the projects under this contract as a single point of contact.
- Assign ongoing tasks as they are received from the COR, monitor the work being performed to assure that tasks are completed on schedule, and validate all deliverables by performing several quality assurance checks before delivering those products to the COR for final approval.
- Promote standard operation procedures, standardization and reusability of code, as well as development of global modules for cross-application usage.
- Serve as a Technical Lead and provide technical direction for all tasks under this contract as needed.
- 12+ years of professional experience
- Experience leading teams composed of at least 20+ resources
- Experience leading a large O&M program
- CSM certification preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong IT background with a deep understanding of application management and legacy system transformation
- Demonstrated experience managing a large contract over $10 million.
- Experience in performing feasibility and requirements analyses.
- Working knowledge in the use of modeling, design, and programming techniques.
- Extensive experience with web-based technologies and software system architecture.
- Preferred; exposure to Cognos, IBM BPM, .Net, J2EE, Powerbuilder, Oracle, Drupal, Sharepoint environments
- BS Degree
About Octo Consulting Group, Inc.
Octo Consulting Group (Octo) is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
Other Considerations: This position is W-2 only; no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates. Relocation will not be offered. Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
For more information please visit: