Senior Systems Engineer
Clearance Level Needed: TS/SCI
Category: Systems Development
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Systems Engineer to join our team in the Herndon, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech. The Systems Engineer will perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analysis for total systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies system integrity issues and solutions for the full system life cycle from concept to disposal
- Ensures designs are compatible with the architecture and allocates requirements to segments
- Analyzes science, engineering, business, and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems
- Use object-oriented programming languages, as well as client/server applications development processes and multimedia and Internet technology.
- Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve workflow
- Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation
- Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures
- Develop and apply organization-wide information models for use in designing and building integrated, shared software and database management systems
- Provide software engineering and maintenance services for custom computer system solutions using the full system development life cycle (SDLC)
- Bachelor's degree and eight or more years of experience, or additional experience in lieu of degree
- Hands on experience with MS Windows 2008 R2 server and Server 2012
- Windows Engineering with Citrix or Citrix administration experience
- Citrix Certified Administer for XenApp, XenServer, and XenDesktop
- Blade Storage Concepts
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- Microsoft Visio
- Ability to self-learn, act on own initiative and work in a dynamic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong customer service skills
- MCSE/MCITP a plus
An active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph is required.
Requires Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering or related field) or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related experience.